Gavin DeGraw Highlights Everyday Heroes in New Clip 'Soldier'
Pop/rock star Gavin DeGraw has a new inspiring music video for his track "Soldier". The clip, which highlights everyday heroes, premiered on Monday, December 3 on VEVO. Contrary to its title, the song's video is not about war but about the heroic things that ordinary people do for others.
The Carl Diebold-directed clip opens with a single candlelight that transitions into very bright spotlights and aerial shots of the night skies. DeGraw sings the uplifting song, which he also wrote, while different shots of people swipe left and right of the screen. The characters are simple, ordinary people such as firefighters, teachers, and people caring for the sick.
As viewers watch the video, they are reminded of the kind deeds of people and how these simple acts of kindness contribute to a better society. The 35-year-old DeGraw is also seen in the rain playing a piano as more scenes of people doing good deeds are intercut in the performance.
All the featured characters gather towards the end of the clip, holding candles in their hands and going for that silent, contemplative march. Finally, at the end of the clip, the message, "This video is dedicated to our troops and to all those who are soldiering on for one another," appears.
"Soldier" is the third single from DeGraw's latest album "Sweeter", which was released in 2011. The track also gained popularity after it was used in the finale episode of "One Tree Hill".
Gavin DeGraw's "Soldier" Music Video
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son