Cher to Release New Album in Late March 2013
Cher's new album has finally gotten a release date, which is in late March 2013. Livia Tortella, Warner Bros. Records Co-President/COO, confirmed the news, announcing that the new set will come after the "Believe" hitmaker's 12 years of hiatus in music and it is expected to be one of the top releases for next year.
Last month, the 66-year-old entertainer previewed a hot dance track titled "Woman's World", which she announced via her Twitter account. The song was a catchy, upbeat dance track that Cher said would reflect much of what her new album would sound like. Asked by a fan about the new album, the timeless diva answered, "Eclectic! Lots of dance, but none (are the) same kind of dance! Have big ass choruses, some heart rippers!"
It apparently looks like Cher will be following the club/pop trend when she launches her album next year. The new effort follows her last record in 2001, "Living Proof". She has also previously revealed that big music artists have lent their talents to the new record. Pop sensations Pink and Lady GaGa have penned songs for Cher's comeback album.
Cher's last single to hit the top of the charts was "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me". It reached No.1 on Billboard's Dance/Club Play Songs chart. Meanwhile, "Living Proof" has sold 520,000 copies to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
More Cher News
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'It' Teaser and Poster Are Released Ahead of Official Teaser Trailer
- Zayn Malik Dyes His Hair Green. See His Wild Makeover
- Taylor Swift Laughs Off Rumors of Her Missing. Find Out Where She's Been
- 'American Horror Story' 7th Installment Casts Billy Eichner
- T.I. 'Begged' Tiny to Sleep Together Again Amid Reports They Reconcile
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian