'Star Trek Into Darkness' Debuts Dark Poster, Zachary Quinto Denies Leaving the Franchise
Before fans get to see the first ever footage of "Star Trek Into Darkness", they get a glimpse at the tone of the movie through a newly-released first poster for the highly-anticipated space pic. The one-sheet, which boasts a "The Dark Knight Rises"-esque apocalyptic theme, sees a man standing tall atop a stack of rubble in city ruins. Shown from behind, the black coat-clad man is believed to be Benedict Cumberbatch's new villainous character.
As reported previously, the "Star Trek" sequel will debut its first footage before the showings of "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" on December 14. J.J. Abrams gushes that he's excited to see it, saying, "You know, I'm excited because we've been working on this for awhile, and the idea of getting some of the movie out there to the world is going to be a real thrill for us, and as always you just hope people will like what they see."
Speaking to IGN, Abrams also dishes about his experience in filming "Into Darkness" with IMAX cameras. "It was amazing," he says. "Part of it was challenging because of the technical aspects of it, the machinery of it. The cameras themselves are a little unwieldy and a little loud and unpredictable."
"But then you go to dailies and you watch on this massive screen these images that you've shot having been filmed on a negative that's eight times bigger than what you normally use, and you cannot believe how good it looks. So that's exciting! But unlike 'Ghost Protocol', a lot of what we shot is integrated into special effects and visual effects in a way that I cannot wait for people to see. I think it really is mind-blowing, how it looks. The IMAX frame, I think, is really the best way to see a movie."
While Abrams is excited over the release of the first "Star Trek 2" footage, lead actor Zachary Quinto takes time to clarify recent rumors suggesting that he's planning to leave the big film franchise after this second film. Speaking to E! News when attending Trevor Live benefit gala on Sunday, the Spock depicter brushed off all the swirling reports.
"Of course I wouldn't leave," he said. "I've had an incredible experience working with J.J. and that ensemble of wonderful actors, who are now wonderful friends. I would never willingly walk away from that." Asked how many more "Star Trek" films he's obligated to be a part of, the actor responded, "Just one more. Just one more."
"Star Trek Into Darkness" will grace cinemas across the U.S. on May 17, 2013. It will follow the time when the crew of the Enterprise is called back home and they find that an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.
With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction. As the heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.
- Desperate to Lose Weight, Mariah Carey Opts for Breast Reduction Surgery
- Get a Glimpse of Demi Moore and Eva Longoria in 'Empire' Season 3B Teaser
- Marc Anthony Makes First Red Carpet Appearance With Girlfriend Mariana Downing
- Rihanna Is Not Taking Remy Ma's Side in Rapper's Feud With Nicki Minaj
- New Teaser for 'Love Actually' Short Film Reunites Original Cast Members
- Ashley Olsen and Richard Sachs Have Called It Quits After Five Months of Dating
- Future and The Weeknd Tease 'Comin Out Strong' Music Video Filmed in Subway Car
- 'Legion' Season Finale Preview: You're Gods