Angelina Jolie to Give Up Acting When Her Kids Hit Teenage Years
Is Angelina Jolie already planning her retirement from film industry? The Oscar-winning actress, who's currently busy filming fairytale pic "Maleficent", recently opened up to Britain's Channel 4 News that she would likely quit her job as an actress in a not-too-distant future.
"I think I'm going to have to give up the acting as the kids hit the teenage years, anyway, too much to manage at home," the mother-of-six stated. The fiancee of Brad Pitt went on admitting that her humanitarian works for the United Nations were more rewarding to her than her acting stints.
Still, Jolie acknowledged that being an A-list Hollywood star had been very enjoyable for her. "I have enjoyed being an actress," the "Salt" actress gushed. "I am so grateful to the hob and I have had great experiences and I have been able to tell stories and be a part of stories that mattered and I have done things for fun, but...," she added without finishing her sentence.
"I will do some films and I am so fortunate to have the job, it's a really lucky profession to be a part of and I enjoy it," she went on. "But if it went away tomorrow I would be very happy to be home with the children. I wake up in the morning as a mum and I turn on the news like everybody else and I see what's happening and I want to be part of the world in a positive way."
Apparently Jolie is following the footsteps of Pitt, who also plans to retire from acting when he reaches 50. Back in 2011, the "Killing Them Softly" actor said during an interview on an Australian talk show, "I am really enjoying the producing side and development of stories and putting those pieces together. Getting stories to the plate that might have had a tougher times otherwise."
Jolie's next film is "Maleficent", in which three of his kids Vivienne, Pax and Zahara will join her in the cast ensemble. The movie will make its way out onto the U.S. cinemas on March 14, 2014.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali, 'Suicide Squad' and 'Fantastic Beasts' Are First Winners
- Report: Britney Spears Is Expecting a Child With Sam Asghari
- New 'Iron Fist' Photos Show Danny Rand in Action, Actor Responds to White-Washing Controversy
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Pregnant With Rob Kardashian's Second Baby
- Future Scores Fourth No. 1 Album With 'Future' on Billboard 200
- Oscars 2017: Felicity Jones, Taraji P. Henson, Chrissy Teigen Stun on Red Carpet
- Selena Gomez Sweetly Calls The Weeknd 'Baby' on Instagram
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24