Bruno Mars Unveils Heart-Breaking New Ballad 'When I Was Your Man'
In preparation for his much-awaited "Unorthodox Jukebox" release on December 11, Bruno Mars has unveiled another new single off the album titled "When I Was Your Man". The super emotive track presents Mars' sweet vocals over a smooth piano melody and some really heart-breaking lyrics.
In his last single "Moonshine", the 26-year-old singer evoked the sounds of Michael Jackson. This time in "When I Was Your Man", Mars sounds like he's influenced by Elton John and Stevie Wonder. His voice projects a sincerity that only a man who has really loved and lost someone would be able to express.
In addition to Mars' moving vocals, the ballad's ear-pleasing piano chord instantly breaks people's hearts and may even bring them to tears. The lyrics are equally straight on as they describe scenarios where one reminisces after a regrettable break-up. Mars croons out lyrics like, "Our song on the radio, but it doesn't sound the same/ I should have bought you flowers and held your hand/ Should have giggled all my hours when I had the chance/ Now my baby is dancing, but she's dancing with another man."
In a tweet, Mars did not hide his excitement over the release of his new single. "Soon you guys will hear a song I wrote called 'When I Was Your Man'," wrote the singer on his Twitter account. "I've never been this nervous. Can't explain it."
More Bruno Mars News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'