Video: U.S. Magician's Head Lit on Fire on TV Show
U.S. magician Wayne Houchin is recuperating after his head was set on fire while appearing on Dominican Republic's TV show "Approach the Stars" on Monday, November 26. Houchin suffered first- and second-degree burns to his face and hands after guest host Franklin Barazarte doused the magician's head with flammable cologne, which ignited.
On his Facebook page, Houchin stated he wasn't aware that Barazarte "was going to do this." He added, "This was not a stunt or part of an act - this was a criminal attack." It's unclear why Barazarte did such thing and the show's camp hasn't commented on the incident.
An arrest warrant for Barazarte has been issued. The said incident never went on air, but the video has been posted on YouTube.
Giving an update on his condition, the Northern California magician wrote on November 30, "I will be extending my stay here in the Dominican Republic in order to undergo continuous treatment for my burns. The doctors are cautiously optimistic that I will fully recover with no scars."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie