Video: U.S. Magician's Head Lit on Fire on TV Show
U.S. magician Wayne Houchin is recuperating after his head was set on fire while appearing on Dominican Republic's TV show "Approach the Stars" on Monday, November 26. Houchin suffered first- and second-degree burns to his face and hands after guest host Franklin Barazarte doused the magician's head with flammable cologne, which ignited.
On his Facebook page, Houchin stated he wasn't aware that Barazarte "was going to do this." He added, "This was not a stunt or part of an act - this was a criminal attack." It's unclear why Barazarte did such thing and the show's camp hasn't commented on the incident.
An arrest warrant for Barazarte has been issued. The said incident never went on air, but the video has been posted on YouTube.
Giving an update on his condition, the Northern California magician wrote on November 30, "I will be extending my stay here in the Dominican Republic in order to undergo continuous treatment for my burns. The doctors are cautiously optimistic that I will fully recover with no scars."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences