Video: U.S. Magician's Head Lit on Fire on TV Show
U.S. magician Wayne Houchin is recuperating after his head was set on fire while appearing on Dominican Republic's TV show "Approach the Stars" on Monday, November 26. Houchin suffered first- and second-degree burns to his face and hands after guest host Franklin Barazarte doused the magician's head with flammable cologne, which ignited.
On his Facebook page, Houchin stated he wasn't aware that Barazarte "was going to do this." He added, "This was not a stunt or part of an act - this was a criminal attack." It's unclear why Barazarte did such thing and the show's camp hasn't commented on the incident.
An arrest warrant for Barazarte has been issued. The said incident never went on air, but the video has been posted on YouTube.
Giving an update on his condition, the Northern California magician wrote on November 30, "I will be extending my stay here in the Dominican Republic in order to undergo continuous treatment for my burns. The doctors are cautiously optimistic that I will fully recover with no scars."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival