It's Official, Dane DeHaan Is Harry Osborn in 'Amazing Spider-Man 2'
The hunt to find Harry Osborn for "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" has come to an end. Director Marc Webb has confirmed that the coveted part officially goes to Dane DeHaan, who is best known for his role in found-footage thriller "Chronicle". Taking to his Twitter to announce the news, Webb writes, "Meet Harry Osborn. @danedehaan."
On Monday, December 3, Columbia Pictures also made an official statement to announce DeHaan's casting as the son of Norman Osborn. "So excited to have him on board," Webb stated in the press release. "Dane is an exciting and extraordinary young actor and he is a fantastic addition to our cast."
DeHaan wins the Harry Osborn role after beating a number of talented young actors who were reportedly in the running for the part. They included Alden Ehrenreich, Brady Corbet, Sam Claflin, Eddie Redmayne, Douglas Booth and Boyd Holbrook.
Harry himself is an integral part of the Spidey tale. Son of tycoon Norman Osborn, Harry was a best friend of Peter Parker when they were in college. Following his father's death, Harry turned into the second Green Goblin and became one of Spider-Man's deadliest enemies. The handsome character was previously made famous by James Franco in Sam Raimi's "Spider-Man" trilogy.
DeHaan will be joined by Andrew Garfield as the titular masked vigilante, Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy, Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson, and Jamie Foxx as villainous Electro. They will kick off filming with Marc Webb in early 2013 as the movie is skedded for a May 2, 2014 release Stateside.
26-year-old DeHaan was recently seen starring in Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln", John Hillcoat's "Lawless", and Bradley Rust Gray's "Jack and Diane". He will next be seen in "The Place Beyond the Pines", "Devil's Knot", and "Kill Your Darlings".
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video