Lady GaGa Purchased 55 Michael Jackson Memorabilia
Lady GaGa intends to keep Michael Jackson's legacy longer. The "Born This Way" singer has spent huge amount of money to outbid other collectors of Jackson's memorabilia at a sale administered by Julien's Auctions over the weekend.
GaGa revealed on Sunday, December 2 on Twitter that she has bought 55 pieces of Jackson's costumes at the auction. "The 55 pieces I collected today will be archived & expertly cared for in the spirit & love of Michael Jackson, his bravery, & fans worldwide," she wrote.
Auctioneer Darren Julien said that the jacket that Jackson wore during "Bad" tour brought $240,000 while the King of Pop's crystal-encrusted gloves sold for more than $100,000 each. The auction featured other collections from Jackson's longtime designers, Tompkins & Bush. It raised more than $5 million which partly go to Guide Dogs of America and Nathan Adelson Hospice of Las Vegas.
"We are so very grateful for everything Julien's Auctions and Michael Bush have done for us," a spokesman for Guide Dogs of America said. Carole Fisher, CEO of Nathan Adelson Hospice of Las Vegas, said, "It has been so incredible to be involved with this auction and the support we have received from Michael Bush and Darren Julien, as well as the late Dennis Tompkins. Every day we deal with the reminder that life is precious and to know generosity still exists like this is remarkable. We shall surely help many people with their generous donation."
More Lady GaGa News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby