Lady GaGa Purchased 55 Michael Jackson Memorabilia
Lady GaGa intends to keep Michael Jackson's legacy longer. The "Born This Way" singer has spent huge amount of money to outbid other collectors of Jackson's memorabilia at a sale administered by Julien's Auctions over the weekend.
GaGa revealed on Sunday, December 2 on Twitter that she has bought 55 pieces of Jackson's costumes at the auction. "The 55 pieces I collected today will be archived & expertly cared for in the spirit & love of Michael Jackson, his bravery, & fans worldwide," she wrote.
Auctioneer Darren Julien said that the jacket that Jackson wore during "Bad" tour brought $240,000 while the King of Pop's crystal-encrusted gloves sold for more than $100,000 each. The auction featured other collections from Jackson's longtime designers, Tompkins & Bush. It raised more than $5 million which partly go to Guide Dogs of America and Nathan Adelson Hospice of Las Vegas.
"We are so very grateful for everything Julien's Auctions and Michael Bush have done for us," a spokesman for Guide Dogs of America said. Carole Fisher, CEO of Nathan Adelson Hospice of Las Vegas, said, "It has been so incredible to be involved with this auction and the support we have received from Michael Bush and Darren Julien, as well as the late Dennis Tompkins. Every day we deal with the reminder that life is precious and to know generosity still exists like this is remarkable. We shall surely help many people with their generous donation."
More Lady GaGa News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival