Lady GaGa Purchased 55 Michael Jackson Memorabilia
Lady GaGa intends to keep Michael Jackson's legacy longer. The "Born This Way" singer has spent huge amount of money to outbid other collectors of Jackson's memorabilia at a sale administered by Julien's Auctions over the weekend.
GaGa revealed on Sunday, December 2 on Twitter that she has bought 55 pieces of Jackson's costumes at the auction. "The 55 pieces I collected today will be archived & expertly cared for in the spirit & love of Michael Jackson, his bravery, & fans worldwide," she wrote.
Auctioneer Darren Julien said that the jacket that Jackson wore during "Bad" tour brought $240,000 while the King of Pop's crystal-encrusted gloves sold for more than $100,000 each. The auction featured other collections from Jackson's longtime designers, Tompkins & Bush. It raised more than $5 million which partly go to Guide Dogs of America and Nathan Adelson Hospice of Las Vegas.
"We are so very grateful for everything Julien's Auctions and Michael Bush have done for us," a spokesman for Guide Dogs of America said. Carole Fisher, CEO of Nathan Adelson Hospice of Las Vegas, said, "It has been so incredible to be involved with this auction and the support we have received from Michael Bush and Darren Julien, as well as the late Dennis Tompkins. Every day we deal with the reminder that life is precious and to know generosity still exists like this is remarkable. We shall surely help many people with their generous donation."
More Lady GaGa News
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis