Pregnant Kate Middleton Hospitalized for Severe Morning Sickness
The Royal Family shared a good news to the world. The rumor floating around these past few days that Kate Middleton is pregnant is true. A representative confirmed that the Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William are expecting their first child.
"Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting a baby," the rep said in a statement. "The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry and members of both families are delighted with the news."
Following the confirmation, the rep also revealed that Middleton had been admitted to hospital for severe bout of morning sickness. "The Duchess was admitted this afternoon to King Edward VII Hospital in Central London with Hyperemesis Gravidarum," the rep said. "As the pregnancy is in its very early stages, Her Royal Highness is expected to stay in hospital for several days and will require a period of rest thereafter."
Just a few days ago, Middleton seemed to debunk the rumor that she was pregnant by playing field hockey wearing high heels. The news of her pregnancy was first suggested by the Duchess' so-called pal Jessica Hay. "They're planning to make an announcement in December. William and Kate are focused on starting a family," she was quoted as saying.
Meanwhile, congratulations have been pouring in from around the world. Prime Minister David Cameron tweeted, "I'm delighted by the news that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting a baby. They will make wonderful parents."
From United States, celebrities like Khloe Kardashian and Maria Shriver have started to tweet their congratulatory messages. "Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!! A royal baby!!! :) awwww so sweet," Kardashian wrote. Shriver shared, "Wonderful news for Prince William & Kate Middleton. Kate has Hyperemesis. Had that with my last child. Not fun at all. Hang in there, Kate."
The child, whether it's a boy or girl, will be the next in line behind William to sit at the throne.
Prince William leaves the King Edward VII Hospital in Central London:
More Kate Middleton News
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama