Pregnant Kate Middleton Hospitalized for Severe Morning Sickness
The Royal Family shared a good news to the world. The rumor floating around these past few days that Kate Middleton is pregnant is true. A representative confirmed that the Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William are expecting their first child.
"Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting a baby," the rep said in a statement. "The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry and members of both families are delighted with the news."
Following the confirmation, the rep also revealed that Middleton had been admitted to hospital for severe bout of morning sickness. "The Duchess was admitted this afternoon to King Edward VII Hospital in Central London with Hyperemesis Gravidarum," the rep said. "As the pregnancy is in its very early stages, Her Royal Highness is expected to stay in hospital for several days and will require a period of rest thereafter."
Just a few days ago, Middleton seemed to debunk the rumor that she was pregnant by playing field hockey wearing high heels. The news of her pregnancy was first suggested by the Duchess' so-called pal Jessica Hay. "They're planning to make an announcement in December. William and Kate are focused on starting a family," she was quoted as saying.
Meanwhile, congratulations have been pouring in from around the world. Prime Minister David Cameron tweeted, "I'm delighted by the news that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting a baby. They will make wonderful parents."
From United States, celebrities like Khloe Kardashian and Maria Shriver have started to tweet their congratulatory messages. "Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!! A royal baby!!! :) awwww so sweet," Kardashian wrote. Shriver shared, "Wonderful news for Prince William & Kate Middleton. Kate has Hyperemesis. Had that with my last child. Not fun at all. Hang in there, Kate."
The child, whether it's a boy or girl, will be the next in line behind William to sit at the throne.
Prince William leaves the King Edward VII Hospital in Central London:
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch