Artist of the Week: Alicia Keys
Alicia keys comes back full force three years after she last busted the chart with "The Element of Freedom". The wife of producer/rapper Swizz Beatz is getting ready to make a notable entry on Billboard Hot 200 for the umpteenth time through her brand new studio album "Girl on Fire" that takes her fans on a new journey.
"These last three years have been the most in every way. The most newest, the most difficult, the most loving, the most dream-filled, the most breaking free," she gushed, "an entire crazy dynamic of lessons and emotions to grow into and claim. This whirlwind has definitely forced me to be who I am, to be free enough and brave enough to just not accept anything else-nor try to be anything else."
"So being a new mom, a new wife, being a woman who's really trying to find herself, take control of my life, my business, my world, I think that there comes a certain point in life where you realize that you know you can really choose the life that you want, and so it's really about that journey and kind of finding that bravery, finding that inner-strength to trust yourself, believe in yourself and know that you really have all the tools."
"I have arrived at a place in myself that I am comfortable being exactly who I am in this moment and sharing it with no reservations," she explained more about her new work. "It's a new me, I gave it my all: powerful, soulful, honesty and heart... With Girl on Fire."
While the new album is poised to make a notable entry on Hot 200, its lead single of the same name, "Girl on Fire", has already charted at No. 4 on Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Songs.
More Alicia Keys News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked