Artist of the Week: Alicia Keys
Alicia keys comes back full force three years after she last busted the chart with "The Element of Freedom". The wife of producer/rapper Swizz Beatz is getting ready to make a notable entry on Billboard Hot 200 for the umpteenth time through her brand new studio album "Girl on Fire" that takes her fans on a new journey.
"These last three years have been the most in every way. The most newest, the most difficult, the most loving, the most dream-filled, the most breaking free," she gushed, "an entire crazy dynamic of lessons and emotions to grow into and claim. This whirlwind has definitely forced me to be who I am, to be free enough and brave enough to just not accept anything else-nor try to be anything else."
"So being a new mom, a new wife, being a woman who's really trying to find herself, take control of my life, my business, my world, I think that there comes a certain point in life where you realize that you know you can really choose the life that you want, and so it's really about that journey and kind of finding that bravery, finding that inner-strength to trust yourself, believe in yourself and know that you really have all the tools."
"I have arrived at a place in myself that I am comfortable being exactly who I am in this moment and sharing it with no reservations," she explained more about her new work. "It's a new me, I gave it my all: powerful, soulful, honesty and heart... With Girl on Fire."
While the new album is poised to make a notable entry on Hot 200, its lead single of the same name, "Girl on Fire", has already charted at No. 4 on Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Songs.
More Alicia Keys News
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner