'Game of Thrones' Teases First Look at Season 3 in Production
"Game of Thrones" is gearing up for a new, better, and bigger third season as seen on their behind-the-scenes video aired on Sunday, December 2 on HBO. The special first look at the show's season three filming included interviews with its cast and creators as they shot at different locations and executed various special effects and fight scenes. The feature also talked about newcomers in the show and other interesting story details fans should keep a watch on.
In the video, the fan-favorite stars talked about how excited they were to come back to shoot for the epic series. Based on the first look, "Game of Thrones" is really going to be something huge by the time it premieres on March 31, 2013 on HBO. The production boasts of massive detailed sets, elaborate production design, and an impressive and skillful production team headed by the men in-charge David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.
As Benioff expressed in an interview with The Telegraph, there were certain truths that made it a challenge for them to create the series. "The main one is trying to be faithful to the books while recognizing that it's an adaptation, so it can't be quite the same. It's an adaptation of a Song of Ice and Fire as a whole, rather than individual books, so we have to bear in mind the bigger picture," he said.
Viewers also got a first look at some of the new characters for season three including Ellie Kendrick and Thomas Sangster as Jojen and Meera Reed respectively, and Diana Rigg as Margaery Tyrell's grandmother, the Queen of Thorns.
More Game of Thrones News
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video