'Game of Thrones' Teases First Look at Season 3 in Production
"Game of Thrones" is gearing up for a new, better, and bigger third season as seen on their behind-the-scenes video aired on Sunday, December 2 on HBO. The special first look at the show's season three filming included interviews with its cast and creators as they shot at different locations and executed various special effects and fight scenes. The feature also talked about newcomers in the show and other interesting story details fans should keep a watch on.
In the video, the fan-favorite stars talked about how excited they were to come back to shoot for the epic series. Based on the first look, "Game of Thrones" is really going to be something huge by the time it premieres on March 31, 2013 on HBO. The production boasts of massive detailed sets, elaborate production design, and an impressive and skillful production team headed by the men in-charge David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.
As Benioff expressed in an interview with The Telegraph, there were certain truths that made it a challenge for them to create the series. "The main one is trying to be faithful to the books while recognizing that it's an adaptation, so it can't be quite the same. It's an adaptation of a Song of Ice and Fire as a whole, rather than individual books, so we have to bear in mind the bigger picture," he said.
Viewers also got a first look at some of the new characters for season three including Ellie Kendrick and Thomas Sangster as Jojen and Meera Reed respectively, and Diana Rigg as Margaery Tyrell's grandmother, the Queen of Thorns.
More Game of Thrones News
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack