Shania Twain Returns on Stage in Las Vegas After 8 Years
She might have been under the music radar for eight years, but country singer Shania Twain proved that she still has the magic to sway an audience. On December 1, Twain got standing ovations during her comeback show at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas as she presented a flashy number complete with elaborate costumes, amazing theatrical lights effects, and dance moves only a true diva like her could execute.
The show, which aptly titled "Shania: Still the One" and which kicked off the singer's two-year residency in the venue, featured Twain on top of a robust and shiny motorcycle and dangling in the air on three-meter long wires while wearing a tight-fit catsuit. Obviously amazed and excited over her comeback, fans immediately gave a standing ovation to the performer even before she could sing her first song for the night.
"Thank you. Thank you so much - you guys are going to get me all emotional, and then my eyelashes are going to fall off," Twain told the crowd as she dabbed at her eyes and welcomed the audience for the first time. "This is a very overwhelming night.... It's been a lot of years for me since I've been here. I realize what I've been missing, thanks to you."
Some great songs from her set list included "You're Still the One", "I Ain't No Quitter", "That Don't Impress Me Much", and "Man! I Feel Like a Woman!". Twain, who has not toured since 2004, will run her Vegas show through December 15 and continue with a 14-show date starting March 19, 2013.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny