Dennis Quaid Files for Divorce From Wife Kimberly
Dennis Quaid is now the one filing for divorce from his wife of eight years, Kimberly Buffington-Quaid. In the petition filed on Friday, November 30, the actor cited "irreconcilable differences" as the reason of their split and listed October 1 as the date of their separation.
Kimberly first filed for divorce in March, stating things "become insupportable because of discord or conflict of personalities." Two months later she withdrew the petition to try saving the marriage but eventually filed for a legal separation in October. She asked for joint legal and primary physical custody of their 5-year-old twins.
A divorce was not immediately filed because the couple just moved to California over the summer and the state requires a six-month residency before divorce papers can be filed.
Dennis is now requesting joint legal and physical custody of son Thomas and daughter Zoe Grace. He is willing to pay for spousal support but asks Kimberly to be responsible for her own legal fees.
Dennis and Kimberly were married on July 4, 2004. She was his third wife. He was previously married to P. J. Soles from 1978 to 1983, then to Meg Ryan from 1992 to 2001. In the case of Kimberly, there were rumors that infidelity on his side was the cause of the marriage break-down.
More Dennis Quaid News
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger