Dennis Quaid Files for Divorce From Wife Kimberly
Dennis Quaid is now the one filing for divorce from his wife of eight years, Kimberly Buffington-Quaid. In the petition filed on Friday, November 30, the actor cited "irreconcilable differences" as the reason of their split and listed October 1 as the date of their separation.
Kimberly first filed for divorce in March, stating things "become insupportable because of discord or conflict of personalities." Two months later she withdrew the petition to try saving the marriage but eventually filed for a legal separation in October. She asked for joint legal and primary physical custody of their 5-year-old twins.
A divorce was not immediately filed because the couple just moved to California over the summer and the state requires a six-month residency before divorce papers can be filed.
Dennis is now requesting joint legal and physical custody of son Thomas and daughter Zoe Grace. He is willing to pay for spousal support but asks Kimberly to be responsible for her own legal fees.
Dennis and Kimberly were married on July 4, 2004. She was his third wife. He was previously married to P. J. Soles from 1978 to 1983, then to Meg Ryan from 1992 to 2001. In the case of Kimberly, there were rumors that infidelity on his side was the cause of the marriage break-down.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance