Dennis Quaid Files for Divorce From Wife Kimberly
Dennis Quaid is now the one filing for divorce from his wife of eight years, Kimberly Buffington-Quaid. In the petition filed on Friday, November 30, the actor cited "irreconcilable differences" as the reason of their split and listed October 1 as the date of their separation.
Kimberly first filed for divorce in March, stating things "become insupportable because of discord or conflict of personalities." Two months later she withdrew the petition to try saving the marriage but eventually filed for a legal separation in October. She asked for joint legal and primary physical custody of their 5-year-old twins.
A divorce was not immediately filed because the couple just moved to California over the summer and the state requires a six-month residency before divorce papers can be filed.
Dennis is now requesting joint legal and physical custody of son Thomas and daughter Zoe Grace. He is willing to pay for spousal support but asks Kimberly to be responsible for her own legal fees.
Dennis and Kimberly were married on July 4, 2004. She was his third wife. He was previously married to P. J. Soles from 1978 to 1983, then to Meg Ryan from 1992 to 2001. In the case of Kimberly, there were rumors that infidelity on his side was the cause of the marriage break-down.
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama