One Direction to Launch New Fragrance in 2013
One Direction want women to smell like how they like it. The British boyband are venturing out to the perfumery business by planning to launch a new fragrance next year.
The fivesome have struck a deal with Olivann Beauty to develop a scent for women, as well as other ancillary products. Women's Wear Daily quoted Dana Kline, president of Olivann Beauty, as saying that the boys have been working on the concept for about six months.
The perfume is yet to have a name. It will first be sold fall next year in cities where the band are touring before it is launched in other markets. Details about the fragrance will be released early next year.
Harry Styles and his bandmates will kick off a massive 2013 world tour in February in Europe. They will next make stops in United States starting June. The concert will be chronicled for a 3-D movie directed by Morgan Spurlock.
Beside perfume, the boys have released a line of action figures. "I think we all wanted them to be as authentic as possible, and obviously, if we got involved in the outfits and stuff, then it's a lot of stuff that we'd probably wear," bandmember Zayn Malik said. "And it's cool for the fans because they get a doll with outfits that we've picked."
More One Direction News
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC
- Kiersey Clemons Confirmed to Star as Iris West in 'The Flash' Movie
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years