One Direction to Launch New Fragrance in 2013
One Direction want women to smell like how they like it. The British boyband are venturing out to the perfumery business by planning to launch a new fragrance next year.
The fivesome have struck a deal with Olivann Beauty to develop a scent for women, as well as other ancillary products. Women's Wear Daily quoted Dana Kline, president of Olivann Beauty, as saying that the boys have been working on the concept for about six months.
The perfume is yet to have a name. It will first be sold fall next year in cities where the band are touring before it is launched in other markets. Details about the fragrance will be released early next year.
Harry Styles and his bandmates will kick off a massive 2013 world tour in February in Europe. They will next make stops in United States starting June. The concert will be chronicled for a 3-D movie directed by Morgan Spurlock.
Beside perfume, the boys have released a line of action figures. "I think we all wanted them to be as authentic as possible, and obviously, if we got involved in the outfits and stuff, then it's a lot of stuff that we'd probably wear," bandmember Zayn Malik said. "And it's cool for the fans because they get a doll with outfits that we've picked."
More One Direction News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert