CBS Announces Airdate of 2013 Primetime Emmy Awards
The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences has set the date for the 65th Primetime Emmy Awards. The show will take place on Sunday, September 22, 2013 and air live on CBS from the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, California.
Nominations for the upcoming Emmys will be announced Thursday, July 18 at the Academy's Leonard H. Goldenson Theatre in North Hollywood. Meanwhile, the winners of Primetime Creative Arts Emmys will be announced Sunday, September 15.
There's no word on who will host the 2013 Emmys, but traditionally, networks pick the star of their own show to take the hosting gig during their turn to air the event. This year, ABC tapped its late-night show host Jimmy Kimmel to lead the ceremony airing on the network. In 2009 when the Emmys aired on CBS, "How I Met Your Mother" star Neil Patrick Harris took the role.
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'