CBS Announces Airdate of 2013 Primetime Emmy Awards
The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences has set the date for the 65th Primetime Emmy Awards. The show will take place on Sunday, September 22, 2013 and air live on CBS from the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, California.
Nominations for the upcoming Emmys will be announced Thursday, July 18 at the Academy's Leonard H. Goldenson Theatre in North Hollywood. Meanwhile, the winners of Primetime Creative Arts Emmys will be announced Sunday, September 15.
There's no word on who will host the 2013 Emmys, but traditionally, networks pick the star of their own show to take the hosting gig during their turn to air the event. This year, ABC tapped its late-night show host Jimmy Kimmel to lead the ceremony airing on the network. In 2009 when the Emmys aired on CBS, "How I Met Your Mother" star Neil Patrick Harris took the role.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'