Video: Sia Furler Does Her Own Version of Rihanna's 'Diamonds'
Singer and songwriter Sia Furler has her own rendition of Rihanna's new hit single "Diamonds". Her performance video of the chart topping song has surfaced online and presents a stripped-down version of the R'n'B track. It was performed at the 2012 Norwegian-American Achievement Awards in New York.
Sia's cover of "Diamonds" did not come as a surprise for many. It is a widely known thing that Sia co-wrote the song with writer Benny Blanco and produced it together with Norwegian music production team Stargate. Her performance at the awards night was accompanied by nothing more than a piano and her rich voice, which gave a whole new experience for the listeners who were only familiar with RiRi's popularized version.
The Australian pop-jazz singer made the song sound quite refreshing with her plain and raw delivery. It seemed that she was also very confident with her own interpretation of the hit single.
Co-writer Blanco told The Hufftington Post about how they came up with the song. "We're sitting there trying to make records, and we finally just said, 'Let's just do something we like. Let's make a hip-hop record with some really cool chords on it.' It didn't sound Rihanna at all... Then Sia heard the track and instantly gravitated towards it... she wrote this amazing song, and it just happened overnight," Blanco said.
Sia has also collaborated with DJ David Guetta on "Titanium" and co-wrote Ne-Yo's hit "Let Me Love You (Until You Learn to Love Yourself)."
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child