First Footage of Ryan Phillippe's Directorial Debut 'Shreveport'
First look at Ryan Phillippe's directorial debut, "Shreveport", has been uncovered in an on-set video released by ET Online. The site visited the set of the upcoming thriller recently and had a sit down with the former husband of Reese Witherspoon to discuss his new job as a filmmaker. Aside from the interview, glimpses at behind-the-scene footage from the movie are also revealed in the clip.
In it, Phillippe is featured sporting an awful look with wound and blood smeared on his forehead. He is seen rocking a dirty shirt which is tainted with blood. At one point, the 38-year-old actor is seen filming an intense scene where his hand is cuffed and tied to the floor, while another man is seen trying to break the cuff by smashing it with a hammer.
Commenting on his first directorial stint, Phillipps said, "I do love the idea of being writer-director." He added, "What I love is...[that] this structure that we got to build where my character's held captive is completely by my own design and is exactly what we were writing the script to, so that's an incredibly rewarding thing...These characters, the way they speak, this setting [are] really all out of the imagination of myself and my co-writer."
The Louis Roulet of "The Lincoln Lawyer" went on gushing that the Shreveport set of the film was one of his favorite filming locations throughout his career. "I've been on the set of over 30 movies as an actor and in other ways, and this is one of the first where people walk around quoting lines all day," he said. "They're just super into the content, and it makes it more fun for everybody."
"Shreveport" tells the story of a fading movie star who is suddenly kidnapped, held hostage and tortured while filming a low-budget film in the Louisiana city. The film still hasn't got a release date and is also supported by Russ Russo, Joyful Drake, Tig Notaro, Skipper Landry and James DuMont.
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown
- Rita Ora Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mini Dress at De Grisogono Party in Cannes
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Does the Right Contestant Win Season 24?
- See 'Justice League' Costumes at the 2017 Licensing Expo
- Ariana Grande's Mom Rushed Fans to Safety After Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Nicki Minaj Won't Let Terrorists Win, Vows to Perform for Manchester Fans
- Irina Shayk Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body on Cannes Red Carpet
- Tiny Leans on Floyd Mayweather for Support Following Bitter Split From T.I.