Swizz Beatz to Release Singles Instead of Albums
Rapper and record producer Swizz Beatz is taking a different approach to his music. The hip-hop star says he intends to release a series of singles rather than dishing out a full album. The decision comes after Beatz observed a growing trend among top pop acts who sell millions from their singles but then do really bad on total album sales.
The "Everyday Birthday" hitmaker added that he would call the singles "memorable moments" and that they would basically fill the gap of a follow-up album to his 2007 release "One Man Band Man". The talented musician and better half of singer Alicia Keys also made it clear that he had material for a full album, but felt that people just did not want an album from him that bad yet.
"I think that it's a better lane for me. I'm able to give the fans something to focus on that's consistent instead of promoting this, promoting that," explained Beatz. "I just don't feel that the people want an album from me that bad, yet. But when they do, I can definitely put something together," the 34-year-old musician added.
Beatz' latest single "Everyday Birthday", which features Chris Brown and Ludacris, has been going the rounds in dance clubs and airplay since its release earlier this month. Beatz has also penned and produced tracks for other big names such as Jay-Z, Beyonce Knowles, and Drake.
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen