'X Factor': Paige Thomas and Vino Alan Sent Home in Shocking Results
It was a shocking double elimination in "The X Factor (US)" November 29 results show. The first jaw-dropping moment of the night was when Paige Thomas got the boot for getting the lowest number of votes.
Paige, whose performance of "Never Gonna Give You Up" earned rave reviews on Wednesday night, showed her positive attitude. She said, "I'm excited because I get to go home and work hard and get better. I got bigger things to do and better things, and I'm excited for what I have in the future."
After last-season's runner-up Josh Krajcik took the stage to sing "One Thing She'll Never Know" from his self-titled album, it was revealed that Fifth Harmony, Cece Frey, Emblem3, Carly Rose Sonenclar and Tate Stevens were safe. It meant Diamond White and Vino Alan had to sing for survival.
"I'm not surprised about Vino because I just didn't like that performance last night, but I am surprised by Diamond," said Simon Cowell. Though the British producer wasn't that impressed by Vino's performance the night before, the result was still unexpected since Vino had constantly been in the top three in the last few weeks.
For the sing-off, Diamond covered Beyonce Knowles' "I Was Here". She got support from co-host Khloe Kardashian who said after the performance, "Diamond, I know you gave that everything." As for Vino, he poured his emotion into the rendition of Ray LaMontagne's "Trouble".
The judges then had to make the tough decision, with Britney Spears saying, "Both acts did an amazing job, but the act I'm sending home is Vino." Demi Lovato and Simon also voted off Vino, while L.A. Reid was the only one who rooted for Vino, his act.
"America didn't get to see half of what I have," Vino said after learning his fate. "I'm really shocked at this, though. Stay inspired, keep in touch. Unfortunately, I can't stop making music; I'm going to keep making music."
With the latest double elimination, Demi and L.A. are now down to one act each, while Britney and Simon have two acts apiece remaining in the competition. The results show also saw Alicia Keys making a performance of her new hit "Girl on Fire".
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show