Matthew McConaughey and Reese Witherspoon's Film Among Sundance 2013 Spotlight Lineup
The 2013 Sundance Film Festival continues to reveal more of its lineups. A day after announcing the list of films for U.S. and world competition categories, the festival organizers unveil the out-of-competition lineups that include the Spotlight, Park City at Midnight and New Frontier categories.
Among the seven movies listed in the Spotlight lineup are Matthew McConaughey and Reese Witherspoon's dramedy "Mud", and Ben Wheatley-directed film "Sightseers". Meanwhile, horror pics "S-VHS" and "In Fear" are among those which are set to entertain audience at the Park City at Midnight showings.
Of the newly-released selections, Sundance Director of Programming Trevor Groth says, "I couldn't be more pleased to announce the films selected for these sections because they illustrate the tremendous creativity and vibrancy of the independent film community."
"Spotlight features our favorite films that have premiered at other festivals and the Park City at Midnight and New Frontier sections are comprised of films that are bound to shock, intoxicate, derange or dazzle. Expect the unexpected when you venture down the path of these cinematic sensations."
Aside from Spotlight and Park City at Midnight, Sundance presents the New Frontier which will showcase films, media installations, multimedia performances, transmedia experiences and panel discussions that explore the convergence of film, art, new media technology and storytelling. Next year will be the seventh time the event features the New Frontier category.
"The 2013 edition of New Frontier is an exhibition of works that immerse audiences within moving image environments, including full-dome and wrap-around films, augmented reality experiences, 3D projection mapped environments, and data-moshed hip hop performances," says Shari Frilot, Sundance Senior Programmer.
"The work by this year's artists disorient time and space, and provoke a reconsideration of how we might cohere the fibers of our bodies with the realities of life on the digital frontier."
Next year's Sundance Film Festival will be held from January 17-27 in Park City, Salt Lake City, Ogden and Sundance, Utah.
- "Fill the Void" (Israel)
- "Gangs of Wasseypur" (India) U.S. Premiere.
- "The Gatekeepers" (Documentary)
- "Mud" (U.S.) North American Premiere
- "No" (Chile, U.S.)
- "Sightseers" (United Kingdom) U.S. Premiere.
- "Stories We Tell" (Documentary) (Canada)
- "Ass Backward" (U.S.)
- "Hell Baby" (U.S.)
- "In Fear" (United Kingdom)
- "kink" (Documentary) (U.S.)
- "The Rambler" (U.S.)
- "S-VHS" (U.S., Canada)
- "Virtually Heroes" (U.S.)
- "We Are What We Are" (U.S.)
- "Charlie Victor Romeo" (U.S.)
- "Fat Shaker" (Iran)
- "Interior. Leather Bar." (U.S.)
- "Halley" (Mexico)
- "The Meteor" (Canada)
- "Cityscape 2095"
- "Coral: Rekindling Venus"
- "E.M-bed.de/d, Datamosh, Augmented Real"
- "North of South, West of East"
- "Pulse Index"
- "What's He Building in There?"
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo