Michael Jackson's Father Joe Jackson Hospitalized for Mild Stroke
Joe Jackson sparked a health scare, just a few days after Thanksgiving. The father of late King of Pop Michael Jackson suffered a mild stroke on late Wednesday night, November 28, or early Thursday morning, November 29, and checked into a Las Vegas hospital.
A spokeswoman, Angel Howansky, revealed to the Associated Press that the 83-year-old Jackson patriarch was driven to the hospital by a friend. The former manager of Jackson 5 had trouble standing up and walking, and complained of suffering pain in his head.
Joe is reportedly feeling better now. A family source spills to CNN that he "is in very good spirits" and expects to be released from the medical facility by Friday. The stroke he recently suffered is similar to two others he had in the past five years.
Joe lives in Vegas separately from his wife Katherine who resides in Calabasas, Los Angeles where she takes care of Michael's three minor children, Paris, Prince and Blanket. She's reportedly on her way to Vegas to be with him soon after learning about his latest stroke.
More Michael Jackson News
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner