Britney Spears and Ex-Hubby Kevin Federline Hit With $37,000 Tax Lien
Britney Spears and former second husband Kevin Federline might soon be facing each other again as they handle a tax case filed by the California Franchise Tax Board. According to tax documents obtained by TMZ, the pop-dance diva and her ex-back up dancer owe $37,712.71 in back taxes from 2004. The lien was filed on Tuesday, November 27.
Spears and K-Fed tied the knot in the same year, 2004. That was also the year when the "Scream and Shout" singer supposedly made loads of cash from a highly successful year in music and greatest hits album release. She also had a world tour to support the greatest hits album. The two split in 2006 with the divorce finalized in 2008.
The unpaid taxes amount is obviously no problem for Spears who was just named the 7th highest paid musician for 2012 by Forbes Magazine. However, her ex-hubby, who once attempted to start a career as a rapper but failed miserably, might not be too happy about the news of money he owes the government. K-Fed has no known permanent job since he stopped being a professional dancer years ago.
A rep of Spears has told TMZ that, "the lien is erroneous and will be rectified." As for Federline, this was not the first time he was slapped with a tax case. According to TMZ, the ex-dancer faced a federal tax lien for $17,969.81 in 2011 allegedly from unpaid taxes from 2008.
More Britney Spears News
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'