Alicia Keys Sets Black Ball Redux Date on December 6
Not even a super hurricane can stop singer Alicia Keys from bringing hope this year to a lot of deserving children. The "Girl on Fire" artist and proud mom announced on Wednesday, November 27 that her Black Ball REDUX gala, originally planned for November 1, would now take place on December 6 at Harlem's Apollo Theater. Superstorm Sandy hit New York early this month causing the event's rescheduling.
Black Ball is part of Key's Keep a Child Alive charity organization and is an annual music fundraising event that brings entertainment and philanthropy together to raise funds for HIV/AIDS infected children in Africa and India. This year's gala night will honor two highly respectable women namely media queen Oprah Winfrey and singer/activist Angelique Kidjo for their philanthropic contributions in Africa and worldwide.
For the December date, the ball will also put together amazing performances from blues singer Bonnie Raitt, actress and recording artists Jennifer Hudson, and Alabama Shakes' Brittany Howard. Female comic and TV personality Whoopi Goldberg will take the hosting role for that evening.
"In Africa and India where Keep a Child Alive works, HIV is a disaster that's tearing families apart every day. And while it would be easier to turn away right now, with all that has happened in my hometown, it would be disastrous for the children who count on us for survival. So for them, we're going to turn it up - and turn it out at the Black Ball REDux!" said Keys in the announcement.
More Alicia Keys News
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs