Pics: Wendy Williams Unveils Naked Photo for PETA's Campaign
Wendy Williams supports PETA's campaign by posing naked for its new poster. The poster was unveiled on Wednesday, November 28 in Times Square with the organization's other supporters standing among the crowd.
In the "I'd rather go naked than wear fur" poster, the 48-year-old TV personality lies down on the floor without a single cloth on her body. Her butts are exposed, while her breasts are covered with her strategically-placed long wavy hair.
During the launching of the poster, she said, "We should all try to be comfortable in our own skin and let animals keep theirs." The "Dancing with the Stars" season 12 contestant went on, "I don't really think that fur is the mark of success anymore. As a decent person, with compassion, it just seems like the right thing to support."
The TV show star previously hyped up the unveiling of the poster by tweeting, "Today's the day. I'm so excited for the unveiling of my 'I'd rather go naked than wear fur' @peta ad in Times Sq at 1p bw 44th and 45th."
Of why she was willing to go naked, the host of "The Wendy Williams Show" said, "As a talk show host, where everything has got to be so covered up during my show, I welcome the reasoning to go naked."
According to PETA, Wendy once wore "mink and fox fur". She then changed her mind after she learned how animals are hurt and killed by human for their fur.
PETA supported the TV personality's brave action to go undressed for the campaign. It said, "Wendy also encourages people who have fur coats to donate them to PETA so that they can be given to the homeless."
The animal rights organization added, "PETA is working with shelters in Wendy's home state on coat drives this winter... something that is in great demand as the numbers of needy and displaced people have increased following Hurricane Sandy."
More Wendy Williams News
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs