Steven Tyler Apologizes for Nicki Minaj Comment, Denies Being Racist
Steven Tyler has offered his apology to Nicki Minaj after criticizing her judging skill on "American Idol". Appearing on Canadian entertainment talk show "eTalk" on Tuesday, November 27, the rocker claimed he wasn't being racist with his comment.
"I apologize if it was taken wrong, Nicki," so the Aerosmith vocalist stated. "But I am the farthest thing from [being a racist] ... I am the last thing on this planet as far as being a racist. I don't know where she got that out of me saying I'm not sure how she would have judged Bob Dylan." He, however, insisted that "if Bob Dylan came on the show, he would've been thrown off."
Steven upset Nicki with his comment on her alleged feud with fellow "Idol" judge Mariah Carey backstage of the singing competition, where he previously also served as a judge. "You just have to give your opinion. It wasn't hard for me, but I would imagine it's hard for some people, and they need a manager to say 'Shut the f**k up, and just give them your opinion,' " he said.
"It needs to be judged by people that [are] honest, true, that have the 'it' factor. Not the 'it' factor because they can fight. The f**k is that all about?" He further underestimated Nicki's ability as a judge, claiming, "If it was Bob Dylan, Nicki Minaj would have had him sent to the cornfield! Whereas, if it was Bob Dylan with us, we would have brought the best of him out, as we did with Phillip Phillips. Just saying."
The Harajuku Barbie then hit back at Steven, ranting on Twitter, "Steven, you haven't seen me judge one single solitary contestant yet." She went on writing, "I understand you really wanted to keep your job but take that up with the producers. I haven't done anything to you. That's a racist comment. You assume that I wouldn't have liked Bob Dylan??? why? black? rapper? what? go f**k yourself and worry about yourself babe."
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event