Yoko Ono Unveils Cheeky Menswear Inspired by Late Husband John Lennon
Yoko Ono can now add fashion designer to her already-long resume as an artist, activist, musician, writer and cultural icon. The widow of John Lennon debuts a collection for menswear that is inspired by sketches she made for the late member of The Beatles as a gift for their wedding anniversary in 1969.
The new garment collection includes blazer, pants, hoodie, footwear and accessories. Some of the pieces have cheeky details that reflect Yoko's eccentric style, such as pants with see-through rear window and handprint-embellished crotches, a bandeau top with nipple headlights, and a hoodie with "butt poster."
Yoko collaborates with Opening Ceremony to create the clothing line titled "Fashions for Men: 1969-2012". OC's co-founder Humberto Leon tells WWD, "I think she just fell in love with John's body and wanted to show off all of the parts of his body that she loved." He adds, "There's something so beautiful about that sentiment."
The insight is confirmed by Yoko. "I was inspired to create 'Fashions for Men,' amazed at how my man was looking so great," she gushes about her creations. "I felt it was a pity if we could not make clothes emphasizing his very sexy bod. So, I made this whole series with love for his hot bod, and gave it to him as a wedding present."
Yoko's collaboration with OC started three years ago when she met Humberto in Tokyo. In an interview with the Daily Beast, the eccentric artist imagines "anybody who has sense of humor" will wear her designs that seem to be unorthodox for some people. Explaining the crotch handprint, she says, "People are scared of having sex. I wanted to give them at least some conceptual fun."
More Yoko Ono News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent