Yoko Ono Unveils Cheeky Menswear Inspired by Late Husband John Lennon
Yoko Ono can now add fashion designer to her already-long resume as an artist, activist, musician, writer and cultural icon. The widow of John Lennon debuts a collection for menswear that is inspired by sketches she made for the late member of The Beatles as a gift for their wedding anniversary in 1969.
The new garment collection includes blazer, pants, hoodie, footwear and accessories. Some of the pieces have cheeky details that reflect Yoko's eccentric style, such as pants with see-through rear window and handprint-embellished crotches, a bandeau top with nipple headlights, and a hoodie with "butt poster."
Yoko collaborates with Opening Ceremony to create the clothing line titled "Fashions for Men: 1969-2012". OC's co-founder Humberto Leon tells WWD, "I think she just fell in love with John's body and wanted to show off all of the parts of his body that she loved." He adds, "There's something so beautiful about that sentiment."
The insight is confirmed by Yoko. "I was inspired to create 'Fashions for Men,' amazed at how my man was looking so great," she gushes about her creations. "I felt it was a pity if we could not make clothes emphasizing his very sexy bod. So, I made this whole series with love for his hot bod, and gave it to him as a wedding present."
Yoko's collaboration with OC started three years ago when she met Humberto in Tokyo. In an interview with the Daily Beast, the eccentric artist imagines "anybody who has sense of humor" will wear her designs that seem to be unorthodox for some people. Explaining the crotch handprint, she says, "People are scared of having sex. I wanted to give them at least some conceptual fun."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences