The CW Pulls the Plug on 'Emily Owens, M.D.'
"Emily Owens, M.D." is not surviving the chopping block on The CW. The network has decided that it will not order more episodes of the freshman drama, meaning that it doesn't get a full-season order and will not return for a second season as well.
Still, The CW plans to air all 13-ordered episodes of the medical dramedy starring Mamie Gummer and "Smallville" alum Justin Hartley. The show is expected to wrap up the production next week.
Debuted on October 16 to avoid the already-full September schedule, "Emily Owens" has been struggling in ratings. Its latest episode which aired November 27 only garnered 1 million total viewers and a 0.3 rating in the adults 18-49 demo.
The CW previously gave full-season orders to other two new series, "Arrow" and "Beauty and the Beast".
"Emily Owens, M.D." 1.07 preview:
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3