Phillip Phillips, Kid Rock Enter Top Five on Billboard 200
There are a lot of shuffling and new entries this week on the Billboard 200 chart as Phillip Phillips and Kid Rock make their impressive debuts in the top five of the countdown. Phillips scores big with his first album, while Rock gets big sales from his first major label album to be sold digitally. This week's chart also sees Rihanna on the top and some artists steadily hanging on their different positions in the tally.
As earlier reported, R'n'B star Rihanna gets her first No.1 album with "Unapologetic". Her seventh studio effort reels in 238,000 copies and adds to her six earlier top 10 sets dating back to her first album in 2005. Before getting the top spot with "Unapologetic", Rihanna was holding the record for an artist with the most No.1 singles on the Hot 100 chart but without a No.1 album.
Last week's winner, One Direction, fall to the third spot with "Take Me Home". The set pulls in 176,000 units this week landing below Taylor Swift's "Red" album, which stays at No.2 with 185,000 copies sold.
"American Idol" eleventh season winner Phillip Phillips debuts his "The World From the Side of the Moon" set at No. 4 with 169,000. This is the singer's second top 40 hit album on the Billboard 200 this week. His "American Idol: Season 11: Highlights" EP is at No. 25.
Kid Rock takes the No.5 spot with his first digitally-sold album "Rebel Soul" with 146,000, while singer Rod Stewart stays at the No.6 spot with his "Merry Christmas, Baby" selling 117,000 units.
Another mover is Pink's "The Truth About Love". It jumps to the 7th spot with 114,000 copies and tops Jason Aldean's "Night Train", which enters the top 10 again with 103,000 copies.
At No.9 is the new entry from Led Zeppelin titled "Celebration Day". The live album pulls in 101,000 units this week and features the band's 2007 reunion concert in London. Closing the top 10 this week is Keyshia Cole with her "Woman to Woman" LP. It enters the chart with 96,000 copies and gives the singer her fifth straight top 10 debut.
- Rihanna - "Unapologetic" ( 238,000 )
- Taylor Swift - "Red" (185,000)
- One Direction - "Take Me Home" (176,000 )
- Phillip Phillips - "The World From the Side of the Moon" (169,000)
- Kid Rock - "Rebel Soul" (146,000 )
- Rod Stewart - "Merry Christmas, Baby" (117,000)
- Pink - "The Truth About Love" (114,000)
- Jason Aldean - "Night Train" (103,000)
- Led Zeppelin - "Celebration Day" (101,000)
- Keyshia Cole - "Woman to Woman" (96,000)
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake