Kim Kardashian Wants a Trial as She's Still Unhappily Married to Kris Humphries
Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries still don't see eye to eye on how to end their short-lived marriage. While the buxom hottie wants a divorce, her estranged husband demands an annulment due to fraud. "We want a trial because that's the only way this will end. There was no fraud," her lawyer Laura Wasser told PEOPLE.
"Ms. Kardashian is now handcuffed to Kris Humphries," the high-profile attorney told an L.A. Superior Court judge Wednesday, November 28. "These delays are forcing her to be married. She wants to dissolve her marriage so she can move on with her life. I don't think [Kris] has a case, it's a fishing expedition."
The Brooklyn Nets basketball player stands by his initial claim that the "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star "had no intent of being married" and that she only married him "for the benefit of her TV show." "All she has to do is agree to an annulment [based on fraud]," his attorney Marshall Waller declared in courtroom.
The lawyer explained they were still trying to collect evidences because the "third parties" involved in the case, including production crew of the E! reality TV series, were reluctant to cooperate. "These are people who are hard to locate," he expressed his frustration, before adding that private investigators have been hired to seek out any desired witnesses.
One of the people whom Kris strongly wanted to take the witness stand in the case is none other than Kim's current boyfriend Kanye West. The rapper is ordered to give a disposition although he hasn't dated Kim when she announced her separation from Kris.
Kim's lawyer scoffed at Kris' effort to bring Kanye in the divorce case, claiming the athlete was just trying to make an effort to back out of his prenup with Kim.
A hearing is set for February 15 to decide whether the case will go to trial or not. When asked if a trial was inevitable, Kris' attorney confidently said, "Every case is capable of settling before trial."
More Kim Kardashian News
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video