Anne Hathaway and Amanda Seyfried Dazzle at 'Les Miserables' Japan Premiere
After receiving rave reviews during its recent first screening in New York, Tom Hooper's musical pic "Les Miserables" threw its world premiere in Tokyo, Japan on Wednesday, November 28. The promotional event was supported by the star-studded film's leading cast members, including Anne Hathaway and Amanda Seyfried.
For the special screening, Hathaway opted for a classy look in a long black dress with cut-off detail on the front. The elegant gown was completed with strap details that exposed the Fantine depicter's sexy back. The short-haired brunette finished off her look with a pair of towering high black stilettos.
In contrary to Hathaway's all-black number, Seyfried chose a colorful ensemble for the occasion. Letting her long blond hair loose, the Cosette depicter rocked a floral sleeveless mini dress that made her look fresh. She teamed the stylish outfit with transparent black stockings and matching ankle boots.
Joining the two screen beauties was lead actor Hugh Jackman who was all smiles when greeting screaming fans at the venue. The actor playing Jean Valjean in the musical looked sleek in a button-down gray shirt under his tailored suit. He was accompanied by director Tom Hooper himself who looked dapper in a traditional two-piece suit completed with a cyan shirt and a blue tie.
"Les Miserables" focuses on ex-prisoner Valjean who is hunted for decades by the ruthless policeman Javert after he breaks parole. When Valjen agrees to take care for factory worker Fantine's young daughter Cosette, their lives change forever. The movie will be released in the U.S. on December 25.
The film was recently introduced in the Big Apple to positive early reviews. Most critics praised the actors' performance and vocal chops in the film, calling it the best musical film since 2002's "Chicago". Some reviewers even believed that the movie would be a serious Oscar contender for Best Picture.
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago