Mike Tyson to Bring His One-Man 'Undisputed Truth' Show to National Tour
Mike Tyson is gearing up to hit the road. The former boxing champion-turned-actor will take his one-man Broadway show, "Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth", on a 10-week tour in more than 36 cities across the States. The tour will kick off February 2013 in Indianapolis, the city where Tyson was convicted of rape in 1992. He will also visit Chicago, Tucson, Los Angeles, Spokane, Kansas City and Atlanta among others.
Tyson made the announcement on Tuesday night, November 27 when stopping by "Jimmy Kimmel Live!". He said, "It's going to have five nights in LA," to which host Jimmy Kimmel jokingly asked if he could be part of the show. The star of "The Hangover" agreed to invite Kimmel in one of his L.A. shows and the two entertainers shook hands.
In another official statement, he said, "After a successful run at the MGM in Las Vegas and on Broadway at the Longacre Theatre with Spike Lee, I'm excited to take Mike Tyson: The Undisputed Truth on tour and share it with my fans across the country. Undisputed Truth is my story -- I'm giving my all. I'm proud to take the show nationwide, and it's a privilege to continue working with The Nederlander Organization."
Directed by Spike Lee, "Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth" is an autobiographical monologue performed by the heavyweight champion himself. The show had received positive reviews from many critics after it was performed at the Longacre Theatre last August. The Telegraph dubbed the show "an amusingly honest, if at times self-indulgent, two hours," while The Hollywood Reporter wrote, "The results are weirdly fascinating, and actually in keeping with a long tradition of pugilists retreating to the stage after their fighting days are over."
Another praise came from The New York Times, "Yet that incongruous, almost childlike Tyson charm pokes through occasionally and makes you momentarily forget how ham-handed and manipulative the show is. Sure, we should save our accolades for the many people who have transcended difficult beginnings without abusing drugs, racking up a rape conviction and biting off a piece of another guy's ear. But by the end of Undisputed Truth you may at least be willing to grant that it would be swell if Mr. Tyson has finally found a nondestructive way to exist in the world."
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip