Lawyer: Randy Travis Leaving Alcoholic Days Behind
It is likely that country singer Randy Travis has decided to get his life back on track. Releasing a statement via his lawyer, the 53-year-old crooner said that he is ditching his alcoholic days.
This year alone, Travis has been involved in three alcohol-related troubles. He was arrested by cops in February in Dallas for public intoxication after caught with an open bottle of wine in front of a Baptist church. He had apologized for his action at that time, saying "I apologize for what resulted following an evening of celebrating the Super Bowl."
And then he crashed his car and was found buck naked on August 7 night in Texas. The singer refused to take breathalyzer and he was taken to the station for "retaliation and obstruction". A few weeks later he was cited for simple assault after an altercation outside Prestonwood Baptist Church at 6801 West Park Boulevard. "During our investigation we determined Mr. Travis at some point physically assaulted an individual who was there," Plano police spokesman David Tilley said.
His lawyer Larry Friedman has assured fans that the dark days are behind Travis. He told TMZ that the singer has "eliminated alcohol from his daily life," adding "[Randy] works out 3 hours every day and is in the best shape of his life. ...He has a high protein diet and takes a lot of vitamins."
In addition, Travis is working on his new album, hitting up a recording studio in Texas last week.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy