Lawyer: Randy Travis Leaving Alcoholic Days Behind
It is likely that country singer Randy Travis has decided to get his life back on track. Releasing a statement via his lawyer, the 53-year-old crooner said that he is ditching his alcoholic days.
This year alone, Travis has been involved in three alcohol-related troubles. He was arrested by cops in February in Dallas for public intoxication after caught with an open bottle of wine in front of a Baptist church. He had apologized for his action at that time, saying "I apologize for what resulted following an evening of celebrating the Super Bowl."
And then he crashed his car and was found buck naked on August 7 night in Texas. The singer refused to take breathalyzer and he was taken to the station for "retaliation and obstruction". A few weeks later he was cited for simple assault after an altercation outside Prestonwood Baptist Church at 6801 West Park Boulevard. "During our investigation we determined Mr. Travis at some point physically assaulted an individual who was there," Plano police spokesman David Tilley said.
His lawyer Larry Friedman has assured fans that the dark days are behind Travis. He told TMZ that the singer has "eliminated alcohol from his daily life," adding "[Randy] works out 3 hours every day and is in the best shape of his life. ...He has a high protein diet and takes a lot of vitamins."
In addition, Travis is working on his new album, hitting up a recording studio in Texas last week.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed