Lawyer: Randy Travis Leaving Alcoholic Days Behind
It is likely that country singer Randy Travis has decided to get his life back on track. Releasing a statement via his lawyer, the 53-year-old crooner said that he is ditching his alcoholic days.
This year alone, Travis has been involved in three alcohol-related troubles. He was arrested by cops in February in Dallas for public intoxication after caught with an open bottle of wine in front of a Baptist church. He had apologized for his action at that time, saying "I apologize for what resulted following an evening of celebrating the Super Bowl."
And then he crashed his car and was found buck naked on August 7 night in Texas. The singer refused to take breathalyzer and he was taken to the station for "retaliation and obstruction". A few weeks later he was cited for simple assault after an altercation outside Prestonwood Baptist Church at 6801 West Park Boulevard. "During our investigation we determined Mr. Travis at some point physically assaulted an individual who was there," Plano police spokesman David Tilley said.
His lawyer Larry Friedman has assured fans that the dark days are behind Travis. He told TMZ that the singer has "eliminated alcohol from his daily life," adding "[Randy] works out 3 hours every day and is in the best shape of his life. ...He has a high protein diet and takes a lot of vitamins."
In addition, Travis is working on his new album, hitting up a recording studio in Texas last week.
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes