Lawyer: Randy Travis Leaving Alcoholic Days Behind
It is likely that country singer Randy Travis has decided to get his life back on track. Releasing a statement via his lawyer, the 53-year-old crooner said that he is ditching his alcoholic days.
This year alone, Travis has been involved in three alcohol-related troubles. He was arrested by cops in February in Dallas for public intoxication after caught with an open bottle of wine in front of a Baptist church. He had apologized for his action at that time, saying "I apologize for what resulted following an evening of celebrating the Super Bowl."
And then he crashed his car and was found buck naked on August 7 night in Texas. The singer refused to take breathalyzer and he was taken to the station for "retaliation and obstruction". A few weeks later he was cited for simple assault after an altercation outside Prestonwood Baptist Church at 6801 West Park Boulevard. "During our investigation we determined Mr. Travis at some point physically assaulted an individual who was there," Plano police spokesman David Tilley said.
His lawyer Larry Friedman has assured fans that the dark days are behind Travis. He told TMZ that the singer has "eliminated alcohol from his daily life," adding "[Randy] works out 3 hours every day and is in the best shape of his life. ...He has a high protein diet and takes a lot of vitamins."
In addition, Travis is working on his new album, hitting up a recording studio in Texas last week.
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection