Pics: Selena Gomez and Katy Perry Wow at 2012 UNICEF Snowflake Ball
Selena Gomez and Katy Perry attended 2012 UNICEF Snowflake Ball, in New York City on Tuesday, November 27. The dark-haired beauties were among the artists who posed gracefully on the blue carpet.
Donning a black sleeveless dress with glittering trim, Selena clipped her mega curls half up. She completed her look with a vintage-style ruby ring, matching earrings, as well as a black clutch bag. Meanwhile, Katy wore a navy semi-sheer sleeveless gown and a matching shawl. Also donning sparkling sapphire drop earrings, she had her straight hair worn down.
Selena attended the occasion as a UNICEF ambassador. She once talked about being a part of the United Nation's organization, "I feel I'm able to use my voice and my platform and my audience to educate them on issues that are going on around the world."
The likes of Uma Thurman, Bryant Gumbel, Kate Mara, Allison Williams, and Tea Leoni were also invited to the gala. The event was hosted by Kelly Ripa, who came to the gala with her husband, Mark Consuelos.
2012 Snowflake Ball is one of New York City's most notable black-tie galas, which aims to celebrate the lighting of the UNICEF Snowflakes. The event was also conducted to honor the ones who have been committed to support the organization's mission to save children's lives. The event was debuted in 2005 and has collected more than $16 million for UNICEF's lifesaving programs.
More Selena Gomez News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby