Video: Lana Del Rey Makes a Debacle on 'Ride' TV Performance
Looks like Lana Del Rey has some explaining to do about her recent TV appearance on BBC's "Later...With Jools Holland". The singer-songwriter performed her newest single "Ride" on Tuesday night, November 27, but the number did not quite made the impact the live audience and TV viewers were expecting. The "Video Games" artist has not been seen lately on performances, and when she finally came out on this one, she seemed to struggle with the right notes and end with a lackluster set.
Del Rey, who talked about loneliness, and parental and alcohol consumption problems in the song, started her performance with a melancholic stare at the cameras and a lot of inaudible whispers on the mic. She then steadily picked up her act and was sounding just fine with her rich, full vocals until she somehow struggled in the middle part of the song.
The "Born to Die" star could not quite hit those high-notes later on in the song and looked like she was desperately grasping for direction where to bring her whole performance. Her live audience just sat quietly waiting for some grand ending to the whole bewildering experience. However, the unexpected disaster did not end with those missed notes as Del Rey went on with her wavering singing and constantly changed the notes of the song.
The 26-year-old singer-fashion model made her television debut on the same show just over a year ago, where she performed her single "Video Games" taken from her "Born to Die" album. "Ride" is the first single of her latest EP titled "Paradise".
More Lana Del Rey News
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role
- FOX Sets Fall Premiere Dates for 'The Orville', 'Empire' and More
- Miranda Lambert Enjoys Singing About Heartbreak After Split From Blake Shelton
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Cleavage in New Instagram Pics
- Does Rae Sremmurd Break Up? Swae Lee Tries 'to Steal All the Shine' From Slim Jimmy
- Bill Cosby Plans to Lecture Young People on How to Avoid Sexual Assault Accusations
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Twins Finally Released From Hospital
- Brad Pitt Fired as the Depressing Weatherman on 'Jim Jefferies Show'. See His Reaction!