Video: Lana Del Rey Makes a Debacle on 'Ride' TV Performance
Looks like Lana Del Rey has some explaining to do about her recent TV appearance on BBC's "Later...With Jools Holland". The singer-songwriter performed her newest single "Ride" on Tuesday night, November 27, but the number did not quite made the impact the live audience and TV viewers were expecting. The "Video Games" artist has not been seen lately on performances, and when she finally came out on this one, she seemed to struggle with the right notes and end with a lackluster set.
Del Rey, who talked about loneliness, and parental and alcohol consumption problems in the song, started her performance with a melancholic stare at the cameras and a lot of inaudible whispers on the mic. She then steadily picked up her act and was sounding just fine with her rich, full vocals until she somehow struggled in the middle part of the song.
The "Born to Die" star could not quite hit those high-notes later on in the song and looked like she was desperately grasping for direction where to bring her whole performance. Her live audience just sat quietly waiting for some grand ending to the whole bewildering experience. However, the unexpected disaster did not end with those missed notes as Del Rey went on with her wavering singing and constantly changed the notes of the song.
The 26-year-old singer-fashion model made her television debut on the same show just over a year ago, where she performed her single "Video Games" taken from her "Born to Die" album. "Ride" is the first single of her latest EP titled "Paradise".
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding