Alec Baldwin's Female Stalker Arrested for Violating Restraining Order
Genevieve Sabourin, an aspiring artist who is accused of stalking Alec Baldwin, has been back to jail. The French-Canadian blonde was handcuffed by authorities outside of Manhattan Criminal Court room for violating an order banning her to contact the actor and his wife, yoga instructor Hilaria Thomas.
Sabourin was called back to the court after posting angry tweets about Thomas. She wrote in one of her postings, "How Hilaria Baldwin beZEN, peaceful yogi, Alec Baldwin keep my INJUSTICE+break my life?" She said in another, "Alec Baldwin wife Hilaria REAL name:Hilary Hayward-Thomas.LIED wile call 911 on me w her false name.I'll file 4felony."
"Why am I being arrested!" Sabourin asked when she was arrested outside of the courtroom after being dismissed by Manhattan Criminal Court Judge Marc Whiten. The woman who was arrested in April on misdemeanor stalking and harassment charges will be arraigned on a later date on new charges with new lawyer Rick Pasacreta representing her.
Maurice Sercarz resigned from his position as her defense attorney because she ignored his advice not to go to the media and she wanted to go to trial but was unable to pay him. "Miss Sabourin feels it is a good idea to Tweet, to appear on television and discuss the case in the media contrary to my advice," the lawyer said.
As a result, a new, publicly funded lawyer, Rick, was appointed as her new attorney. She originally wanted to hire high-profile defense lawyers like Ben Brafman or Gerry Shargel, but couldn't afford to pay them because "they wanted $250,000 plus experts, plus a translator."
She also complained that she spent $100,000 on legal fees and traveling expenses since her first arrest. "I've been vilified around the world more than is possible to handle in this case," she told the judge. "I'm being treated like a guilty person. This has destroyed my life."
When she tried to broach the subject of her alleged relationship with Baldwin, the judge cut her off that "that is not an issue at this time."
Sabourin was banned from contacting Baldwin and his wife after she sent numerous emails telling him that she wanted to marry him. The actor himself denied he had a relationship with her, insisting that he only took her to dinner once as a favor to a mutual friend.
More Alec Baldwin News
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...