Alec Baldwin's Female Stalker Arrested for Violating Restraining Order
Genevieve Sabourin, an aspiring artist who is accused of stalking Alec Baldwin, has been back to jail. The French-Canadian blonde was handcuffed by authorities outside of Manhattan Criminal Court room for violating an order banning her to contact the actor and his wife, yoga instructor Hilaria Thomas.
Sabourin was called back to the court after posting angry tweets about Thomas. She wrote in one of her postings, "How Hilaria Baldwin beZEN, peaceful yogi, Alec Baldwin keep my INJUSTICE+break my life?" She said in another, "Alec Baldwin wife Hilaria REAL name:Hilary Hayward-Thomas.LIED wile call 911 on me w her false name.I'll file 4felony."
"Why am I being arrested!" Sabourin asked when she was arrested outside of the courtroom after being dismissed by Manhattan Criminal Court Judge Marc Whiten. The woman who was arrested in April on misdemeanor stalking and harassment charges will be arraigned on a later date on new charges with new lawyer Rick Pasacreta representing her.
Maurice Sercarz resigned from his position as her defense attorney because she ignored his advice not to go to the media and she wanted to go to trial but was unable to pay him. "Miss Sabourin feels it is a good idea to Tweet, to appear on television and discuss the case in the media contrary to my advice," the lawyer said.
As a result, a new, publicly funded lawyer, Rick, was appointed as her new attorney. She originally wanted to hire high-profile defense lawyers like Ben Brafman or Gerry Shargel, but couldn't afford to pay them because "they wanted $250,000 plus experts, plus a translator."
She also complained that she spent $100,000 on legal fees and traveling expenses since her first arrest. "I've been vilified around the world more than is possible to handle in this case," she told the judge. "I'm being treated like a guilty person. This has destroyed my life."
When she tried to broach the subject of her alleged relationship with Baldwin, the judge cut her off that "that is not an issue at this time."
Sabourin was banned from contacting Baldwin and his wife after she sent numerous emails telling him that she wanted to marry him. The actor himself denied he had a relationship with her, insisting that he only took her to dinner once as a favor to a mutual friend.
More Alec Baldwin News
- Kim Kardashian Bares Serious Underboobs While Going Topless in This Raunchy Selfie
- Metallica, The Strokes, The Weeknd to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza South America
- Justin Bieber Is Reportedly Pursuing Pamela Anderson
- 'Fast and Furious' Helmer Justin Lin to Direct 'Hot Wheels' Movie
- Miley Cyrus Fills In for Sick Ellen DeGeneres. Watch Sneak Peek of Her Guest-Hosting Stint
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London