The Black Keys Settle Lawsuit Over Songs Used in Home Depot and Pizza Hut Ads
The Black Keys finally reach a settlement in their copyright lawsuit against Home Depot and Pizza Hut for allegedly using their songs in the companies' TV commercials. Lawyers of the band informed a federal judge in Los Angeles that the settlement with Pizza Hut was reached on Monday, November 26 while the one with Home Depot was done earlier this month.
The Grammy-winning group filed a case last June against the two corporate giants claiming that their songs "Lonely Boy" and "Gold on the Ceiling" were misused in the TV ads of the companies. The former was reportedly used by Home Depot in an ad to sell power tools, while the latter song was used to sell pizza. Both companies denied copying or misusing the songs.
Though no immediate comments were taken from representatives of Home Depot and Pizza Hut, The Hufftington Post reported that attorneys from the concerned parties were expected to file formal dismissals in early January.
"Lonely Boy" and "Gold on the Ceiling" were two tracks that went on to top the Billboard alternative music chart after their respective releases on October 2011 and February 2012. Both belonged to the Black Keys' seventh studio album titled "El Camino". The set was released last year and has sold 840,000 copies. The band have also won a Grammy award for Best Alternative Music Album for their 2010 effort "Brothers".
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media