'Star Trek Into Darkness' Plot Is Revealed, but Villain Is Still Mystery
After being kept under very tight wraps for such a while, the official plot for J.J. Abrams' highly-secretive "Star Trek Into Darkness" has been uncovered. Paramount Pictures officially released the synopsis, which unfortunately still keeps the identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's villainous character secret.
The official synopsis reads, "When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis." It goes on, "With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction."
"As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew."
A little hint about the villain is teased in "one man weapon of mass destruction." Fans are once again speculating that the said man is none other than Khan Noonien Singh, a genetically engineered man who fought Kirk in the original series of "Star Trek" and the 1982 sequel "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan".
Fans are hoping that the mystery behind the identity of the supervillain will be revealed during the screening of the film's nine-minute footage before the IMAX 3D showings of "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" on December 14.
The "Star Trek" sequel will grace cinemas across the U.S. on May 17, 2013. Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana, Zachary Quinto, Simon Pegg, Benedict Cumberbatch, Anton Yelchin, Karl Urban, John Cho, Alice Eve, Peter Weller and Edgar Ramirez are lining up in the cast ensemble.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story