The Rolling Stones Slammed With $320,00 Concert Fine
Looks like The Rolling Stones are not going to get off the hook that easily. From estimates set out by tabloid The Sun, the legendary rockers are facing a huge $320,000 fine after failing to keep on track of London's strict live music curfew limit during their November 25 anniversary concert at O2 Arena.
According to reports from another site The Telegraph, the Stones were slammed with the fine for ending their Sunday show past 11 P.M. The current curfew demands that Sunday shows end at 10.20 P.M. and performers must be off the stage by 10.30 P.M.
The two-and-a-half hour concert was supposed to start at 8 P.M. but was delayed for 30 minutes, pushing the band to drop their worldwide 1965 hit "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" from their encore performance. The group, instead, ended their show with another classic "Jumpin' Jack Flash", which was great but did not really give the fans the complete satisfaction they were looking for in the first outing of the band's 50 and Counting Tour.
Meanwhile, comments from the band's agent, Bernard Doherty, were already published to The Sun. He said, "It means a big fine - but the guys just do their thing. There wasn't a janitor standing there, jangling his keys, saying, 'I want to go home'."
The estimated fine is of course just peanuts compared to the estimated total revenue that the 50th anniversary tour is expected to draw in. The concert series is pegged at bringing in $25 million in total project earnings for the five shows including the band's New York and New Jersey dates.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3