Confirmed: Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel Will Return to 'Boy Meets World' Sequel
"Boy Meets World" sequel is officially in the works. Following reports about the potential sequel titled "Girl Meets World", Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel have confirmed that they will indeed join the upcoming show.
"I'm going to be a father! Well, on TV at least," Savage tweeted on Monday, November 26. The actor who will reprise his role as Cory Matthews added, "The 'Boy Meets World' sequel is officially happening."
Fishel, meanwhile, posted a long statement on her Tumblr page to announce her involvement in the Disney Channel project. "You, yes, even YOU, are the reason that Girl Meets World WILL BE MADE," wrote the actress who will return as Topanga Lawrence.
Gushing about the new show, she added, "GMW is a new show. It isn't BMW brought back to life but in current day." She went on hinting that there would be more familiar faces returning to "Girl Meets World", saying, "It will have familiar faces, familiar themes, and familiar messages. It will also have new faces, new themes, and new messages."
William Russ, who played Cory's father Alan, was equally excited as stating, "I'm very excited for Disney and [creator] Michael Jacobs. They are a great team and will produce an exceptional show, I have no doubt." Another alum, Anthony Tyler Quinn who portrayed Mr. Turner, chimed in, "I'm really excited ['Girls Meets World] is getting so much buzz."
In the "Boy Meets World" sequel, Cory and Topanga are happily married and have a 13-year-old daughter named Riley Matthews. The show will tell the story from Riley's point of view, with casting still underway for the role.
"Boy Meets World" originally ran from 1993 to 2000 on ABC.
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'