Rihanna's 'Unapologetic' Takes Top Spot on Billboard Hot 200
It is official, Rihanna finally has a No.1 album with her latest effort "Unapologetic". The seventh studio album sold 238,000 copies in its first week according to Nielsen SoundScan. Before this achievement, Rihanna was holding the record for an artist with the most No.1 singles on the Hot 100 chart but without a No.1 album.
The 14-track set was released on November 19, and despite getting some mixed reviews from fans and music critics, Reuters still reported that it shot to the top of the iTunes charts in 43 countries. Billboard also added that the new album's numbers surpassed the Barbadian singer's previous best frame, 2010's "Loud", which debuted at No. 3 with 207,000.
In the meantime, the album's lead single "Diamonds" nabbed the top spot in the Billboard 100 chart last week and earned the 24-year-old performer her 12th No.1 single. The song joins other Rihanna No.1 singles such as "Umbrella", "S.O.S", "Live Your Life" (with T.I.), "Take a Bow", "Disturbia", "Only Girl (In the World)", "Rude Boy", "Love the Way You Lie" (with Eminem), "What's My Name" (with Drake), "S&M", and "We Found Love".
Rihanna has been working uber hard at promoting "Unapologetic", which also contains her controversial collaboration with ex-beau Chris Brown titled "Nobody's Business". She recently wrapped up her 777 Tour in support of the album. The tour comprised of "7 shows, in 7 countries, in 7 days."
More Rihanna News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'