Rihanna's 'Unapologetic' Takes Top Spot on Billboard Hot 200
It is official, Rihanna finally has a No.1 album with her latest effort "Unapologetic". The seventh studio album sold 238,000 copies in its first week according to Nielsen SoundScan. Before this achievement, Rihanna was holding the record for an artist with the most No.1 singles on the Hot 100 chart but without a No.1 album.
The 14-track set was released on November 19, and despite getting some mixed reviews from fans and music critics, Reuters still reported that it shot to the top of the iTunes charts in 43 countries. Billboard also added that the new album's numbers surpassed the Barbadian singer's previous best frame, 2010's "Loud", which debuted at No. 3 with 207,000.
In the meantime, the album's lead single "Diamonds" nabbed the top spot in the Billboard 100 chart last week and earned the 24-year-old performer her 12th No.1 single. The song joins other Rihanna No.1 singles such as "Umbrella", "S.O.S", "Live Your Life" (with T.I.), "Take a Bow", "Disturbia", "Only Girl (In the World)", "Rude Boy", "Love the Way You Lie" (with Eminem), "What's My Name" (with Drake), "S&M", and "We Found Love".
Rihanna has been working uber hard at promoting "Unapologetic", which also contains her controversial collaboration with ex-beau Chris Brown titled "Nobody's Business". She recently wrapped up her 777 Tour in support of the album. The tour comprised of "7 shows, in 7 countries, in 7 days."
More Rihanna News
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App