Gandalf Has a Present for Bilbo in First 'The Hobbit' Clip
Fans of "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" are treated to the first ever clip of the highly-anticipated movie. Coming out via Syfy, the sneak-peek video sees Ian McKellen's Gandalf presenting Martin Freeman's Bilbo with a sword to protect the reluctant hobbit during his journey. At first, Bilbo refuses to receive the weapon since he never even once used any sword in his life, but the old wizard convinces the hobbit by teaching him the meaning of true courage.
"The Hobbit" follows the journey of Frodo's uncle Bilbo Baggins, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, which was long ago conquered by the dragon Smaug. Approached out of the blue by the wizard Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo finds himself joining a company of thirteen dwarves led by the legendary warrior, Thorin Oakensheild. Their journey will take them into the Wild; through treacherous lands swarming with Goblins and Orcs, deadly Wargs and Giant Spiders, Shapeshifters and Sorcerers.
Director Peter Jackson sparked controversy with his decision to use 48FPS format for the movie. Though admitting that he was frustrated by some people's negative reactions to his work, Jackson insisted that he's optimistic with the film's revolutionary format. Speaking to L.A. Times, he said that "48 frames per second is something you have to get used to. I've got absolute belief and faith in 48 frames... it's something that could have ramifications for the entire industry. 'The Hobbit' really is the test of that."
"I've always tried to make movies that pull the audience out of their seats... I want audiences to be transported," he went on stating.
The first "Hobbit" film will make its way out onto theaters across the U.S. on December 14.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says