Gandalf Has a Present for Bilbo in First 'The Hobbit' Clip
Fans of "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" are treated to the first ever clip of the highly-anticipated movie. Coming out via Syfy, the sneak-peek video sees Ian McKellen's Gandalf presenting Martin Freeman's Bilbo with a sword to protect the reluctant hobbit during his journey. At first, Bilbo refuses to receive the weapon since he never even once used any sword in his life, but the old wizard convinces the hobbit by teaching him the meaning of true courage.
"The Hobbit" follows the journey of Frodo's uncle Bilbo Baggins, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, which was long ago conquered by the dragon Smaug. Approached out of the blue by the wizard Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo finds himself joining a company of thirteen dwarves led by the legendary warrior, Thorin Oakensheild. Their journey will take them into the Wild; through treacherous lands swarming with Goblins and Orcs, deadly Wargs and Giant Spiders, Shapeshifters and Sorcerers.
Director Peter Jackson sparked controversy with his decision to use 48FPS format for the movie. Though admitting that he was frustrated by some people's negative reactions to his work, Jackson insisted that he's optimistic with the film's revolutionary format. Speaking to L.A. Times, he said that "48 frames per second is something you have to get used to. I've got absolute belief and faith in 48 frames... it's something that could have ramifications for the entire industry. 'The Hobbit' really is the test of that."
"I've always tried to make movies that pull the audience out of their seats... I want audiences to be transported," he went on stating.
The first "Hobbit" film will make its way out onto theaters across the U.S. on December 14.
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner