50 Cent Debuts 'My Life' Clip Featuring Eminem and Adam Levine
50 Cent dropped his new clip for the track "My Life", and it shows him, rapper Eminem and Maroon 5's Adam Levine running from what looks like a massive "search and destroy" operation. The video, which premiered on MTV on Tuesday, November 27, brings a lot of filmic visuals that match the hard-hitting lyrics of the song.
"My Life" opens with some pretty amazing shots of great-looking architecture and exterior elements backlit by strong, directional searchlights coming from high above a roving chopper. Fif is revealed staring straight at the unknown enemy while Levine in seen hiding from a concrete enclave blurting out the song's catchy chorus.
Eminem enters the second part of the video with a chase scene set up outside their Detroit location. The hip-hop legend tries to stir clear from a helicopter that annoyingly showers him with an incredible amount of heavy spotlight while he raps away his contemplative rhymes.
The video was obviously shot on quite a hefty budget with all those roving helicopters, luxury cars, and realistic surveillance equipment. Though the trio were not seen altogether in one frame, the video did do a good job at intercutting the individual scenes of the three artists making it look like they were really being chased at the same time.
When it comes to understanding the visuals for the song, Eminem put it quite well when he said to MTV, "The video is kind of abstract; it's kind of metaphoric in a sense, like the paranoia of feeling like we're being chased." The Detroit emcee added, "Whether it's true or not, it's kind of how we feel. It's kind of a metaphor for us running for our lives. Personal lives and from fame, everything that goes with the game."
"My Life" is the third track from 50 Cent's fifth studio album "Street King Immortal", slated for an early 2013 release.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics