Scarlett Johansson Reads the Weather on 'Today'
Scarlett Johansson has proven to the world that she is not afraid to try new things. The actress volunteered to step in for "Today" weatherman Al Roker who lost his voice from a bout of laryngitis.
Johansson, who was on the morning show on Tuesday, November 27 to promote her new movie "Hitchcock", raised her hand when learning that she can take over from Roker. "Miss, do you have any experience?" the show's host Matt Lauer asked her. She replied, "I have a lot of experience with weather. Yes," adding "This is my dream come true."
Accompanied by Roker, who held an umbrella for her, Johansson reported the heavy rain, thunderstorm and snow in some regions. She even delivered the signature ending, "Here's what's happening in your neck of the woods." She ended her report with a hand gesture and a kick in the air.
Later on the episode, more guests subbed for Roker in the weather-reading. They included "American Idol" star Phillip Phillips, comedian Finesse Mitchell and motivational speaker Tony Robbins.
Johansson's film "Hitchcock" was released November 23 in the United States. In the drama film centering on filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock's life, Johansson plays his actress muse, Janet Leigh.
More Today News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour