Scarlett Johansson Reads the Weather on 'Today'
Scarlett Johansson has proven to the world that she is not afraid to try new things. The actress volunteered to step in for "Today" weatherman Al Roker who lost his voice from a bout of laryngitis.
Johansson, who was on the morning show on Tuesday, November 27 to promote her new movie "Hitchcock", raised her hand when learning that she can take over from Roker. "Miss, do you have any experience?" the show's host Matt Lauer asked her. She replied, "I have a lot of experience with weather. Yes," adding "This is my dream come true."
Accompanied by Roker, who held an umbrella for her, Johansson reported the heavy rain, thunderstorm and snow in some regions. She even delivered the signature ending, "Here's what's happening in your neck of the woods." She ended her report with a hand gesture and a kick in the air.
Later on the episode, more guests subbed for Roker in the weather-reading. They included "American Idol" star Phillip Phillips, comedian Finesse Mitchell and motivational speaker Tony Robbins.
Johansson's film "Hitchcock" was released November 23 in the United States. In the drama film centering on filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock's life, Johansson plays his actress muse, Janet Leigh.
More Today News
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?
- Rihanna and Lupita Nyong'o to Star in a Movie Based on a Twitter Sensation
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Flaunt Booties in Skimpy Swimsuits During Vacation in Cannes
- Lana Del Rey Debuts 'Cherry', Dishes on Collaboration With Stevie Nicks
- Lady GaGa Posts Topless Pic to Wish Naomi Campbell Happy Birthday
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 1: Four Finalists Sing for the Win
- Taylor Swift's Alleged BF Joe Alwyn Relocating to the States to Be Closer to Her