Scarlett Johansson Reads the Weather on 'Today'
Scarlett Johansson has proven to the world that she is not afraid to try new things. The actress volunteered to step in for "Today" weatherman Al Roker who lost his voice from a bout of laryngitis.
Johansson, who was on the morning show on Tuesday, November 27 to promote her new movie "Hitchcock", raised her hand when learning that she can take over from Roker. "Miss, do you have any experience?" the show's host Matt Lauer asked her. She replied, "I have a lot of experience with weather. Yes," adding "This is my dream come true."
Accompanied by Roker, who held an umbrella for her, Johansson reported the heavy rain, thunderstorm and snow in some regions. She even delivered the signature ending, "Here's what's happening in your neck of the woods." She ended her report with a hand gesture and a kick in the air.
Later on the episode, more guests subbed for Roker in the weather-reading. They included "American Idol" star Phillip Phillips, comedian Finesse Mitchell and motivational speaker Tony Robbins.
Johansson's film "Hitchcock" was released November 23 in the United States. In the drama film centering on filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock's life, Johansson plays his actress muse, Janet Leigh.
More Today News
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie