Tim Allen's Chevy Stolen by Man Claiming to Be His Son
Actor Tim Allen's customized 1996 Chevy Impala SS was stolen from his Los Angeles home by a man claiming to be his adoptive son. Thirty-four-year-old Faustino Ibarra was caught by Denver police on Friday, November 23 after Ibarra's family reported finding the pimped-up ride parked at their Colorado home.
Upon his arrest, Ibarra insisted that he was driving the car with the actor's permission and added that he had told Allen about taking the Chevy to a cross-country drive all the way to Colorado. "I'm trying to make it simple for you to understand. I didn't break into (Allen's) garage. He left the door open and he left me the keys so I could get the car and take it to Denver," said Ibarra during his jailhouse interview with KDVR.
The bizarre story got even more unbelievable and strange when Ibarra said that Allen adopted him several years ago and that the actor allowed him to take the car for a spin.
According to police reports published in NY Daily News, Ibarra has been stalking the TV actor for years and he was not able to present any evidence that he was ever adopted by Allen. Los Angeles County police are set to decide whether to extradite Ibarra back to California the coming week.
Tim Allen's rep told E! News that the actor could not "comment on it further" since it is now a police matter.
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers