Jennifer Lawrence Gets Wet When Filming 'Catching Fire' Tribute Scene in Hawaiian Beach
Jennifer Lawrence got all wet when filming an outdoor scene for "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" in Hawaii on Monday, November 26. Channeling her Katniss Everdeen character, the Oscar nominee was photographed getting clad in a skin-tight black and gray diving suit when taking a free leap to the open shore.
Lawrence was seen repeatedly diving into the water to film the scene, which appeared to be the very first "Catching Fire" scene where the tributes were taken into the arena. Joining the actress on the beach set was Josh Hutcherson, who was seen struggling in the water during the filming. Finnick Odair depicter, Sam Claflin, was also spotted on the set.
"Catching Fire" begins as Katniss Everdeen returns home safe after winning the 74th Annual Hunger Games with Peeta Mellark. Being victors means they must turn around and leave their family and close friends and embark on a "Victor's Tour" of the district.
Along the way, Katniss senses that a rebellion is simmering, but the Capitol is still very much in control as President Snow prepares the 75th Annual Hunger Games (The Quarter Quell) - a competition that could change Panem forever.
Speaking about "The Hunger Games" sequel, Hutcherson dished on MTV that the film's going to be "really, really great." He opened up, "They actually built a cornucopia in Atlanta that we shot at, and it looks amazing, and the way that the spokes got out, and the way everyone comes up on the pedestals and the water - it looks incredible. I've seen some of the CG renderings that [director] Francis [Lawrence] has worked on, and they look really, really great."
Of which scenes that were shot in IMAX, the Peeta depicter said, "They're shooting, I think, all the stuff in the arena is going to be IMAX. So when you go see it in IMAX, you'll see the regular movie when we're in the Districts and in the Capitol. When you see us go up in the pod in the games, it will open up into IMAX. It will be amazing. It's very cool."
"Catching Fire" will be released in the U.S. on November 22, 2013.
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame