Report: Joseph Gordon-Levitt Set to Play Batman in 'Justice League'
Will Joseph Gordon-Levitt be Christian Bale's successor as Batman in DC's next film "Justice League"? In a latest report shared by HitFix, it is said that the actor playing John Blake a.k.a Robin in "The Dark Knight Rises" will "absolutely" be appearing in the "JLA" movie as the new Caped Crusader.
HitFix's report gets even more intriguing since it suggests that Gordon-Levitt may appear as Batman even before the "JLA" film itself. Rumor has it, Warner Bros. Pictures is "solidifying deals" for the Los Angeles-born actor and "at least one other actor" from Chris Nolan's Batman films.
Should the report be true, that might mean that the "Justice League" movie is in continuity with the ending of "The Dark Knight Rises". Gordon-Levitt himself recently indicated that he's open to the idea of becoming the next Dark Knight. "If the script inspires me and if there's a filmmaker that I respect and connect to...I'd consider anything," he said.
Rumor about Gordon-Levitt's possible involvement in "JLA" comes hot on heels of report that "Man of Steel" director Zack Snyder hinted that his Superman might be part of the DC superhero ensemble flick. "I don't know how 'Justice League' is going to be handled. Honestly, I don't. But 'The Man of Steel' exists, and Superman is in it. I don't know how you'd move forward without acknowledging that," Snyder told New York Post recently.
"Justice League" will see DC's most famous superheroes, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Flash and more, uniting to fight evil forces. The project is still hunting for its director, but it has tapped Will Beall as the screenwriter. The movie has been rumored to be released in 2015, which could put it up right against Marvel's "The Avengers 2".
More Justice League News
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic: Here's First Look at Nathan Keyes as Justin Timberlake
- Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer Eyed to Join 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape