Elmo's Ex-Voice Kevin Clash Slapped With Third Underage-Sex Accusation
A third man has come forward accusing Kevin Clash of doing an unlawful sex with him when he was a minor. Jeff Herman, who represents the second accuser Cecil Singleton, will file a lawsuit on behalf of the new guy in Manhattan federal court as soon as Tuesday, November 27.
The accuser identified as "John Doe" doesn't want to go public. He claims he met the puppeteer, now 52, on a gay chat line and was engaged in "some sexual activity" with the actor when he was invited to his Manhattan apartment in 2000. He was just 16 back then.
According to the now 29-year-old guy, Kevin introduced himself under the pseudonym "Craig" and claimed to be only 30 years old. They chatted for several days before meeting face-to-face. He didn't know what Kevin did for a living until after they met again in 2003 and 2004.
The attorney said his client put two and two together when "he saw Elmo dolls, an Emmy award and photographs of Elmo with movie stars." He promised to release excerpts of a memoir written by his client to describe his relationship with Kevin in a press conference on Tuesday.
Kevin has apparently heard about the impending lawsuit and vehemently denied any wrongdoings. Through his representative, the former member of "Sesame Street" family says, "Mr. Clash believes this lawsuit has no merit."
Kevin previously settled a similar accusation made by Sheldon Stephens who is now in his 20s. The second man Cecil, who is now 24, filed his case soon afterwards, suing the divorced father of a grown-up daughter for $5 million. In the wake of the suit, Kevin resigned from Sesame Workshop.
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young