Elmo's Ex-Voice Kevin Clash Slapped With Third Underage-Sex Accusation
A third man has come forward accusing Kevin Clash of doing an unlawful sex with him when he was a minor. Jeff Herman, who represents the second accuser Cecil Singleton, will file a lawsuit on behalf of the new guy in Manhattan federal court as soon as Tuesday, November 27.
The accuser identified as "John Doe" doesn't want to go public. He claims he met the puppeteer, now 52, on a gay chat line and was engaged in "some sexual activity" with the actor when he was invited to his Manhattan apartment in 2000. He was just 16 back then.
According to the now 29-year-old guy, Kevin introduced himself under the pseudonym "Craig" and claimed to be only 30 years old. They chatted for several days before meeting face-to-face. He didn't know what Kevin did for a living until after they met again in 2003 and 2004.
The attorney said his client put two and two together when "he saw Elmo dolls, an Emmy award and photographs of Elmo with movie stars." He promised to release excerpts of a memoir written by his client to describe his relationship with Kevin in a press conference on Tuesday.
Kevin has apparently heard about the impending lawsuit and vehemently denied any wrongdoings. Through his representative, the former member of "Sesame Street" family says, "Mr. Clash believes this lawsuit has no merit."
Kevin previously settled a similar accusation made by Sheldon Stephens who is now in his 20s. The second man Cecil, who is now 24, filed his case soon afterwards, suing the divorced father of a grown-up daughter for $5 million. In the wake of the suit, Kevin resigned from Sesame Workshop.
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap