Lady GaGa Praises Lindsay Lohan's 'Liz and Dick' Performance Amidst Negative Reviews
Lindsay Lohan has gotten support from Lady GaGa after "Liz & Dick" earned negative reviews. While many critics slammed the Elizabeth Taylor telepic, the outlandish singer praised the actress' performance in the TV movie.
"@lindsaylohan you did a beautiful job on Liz & Dick," so the "You and I" singer tweeted on Monday, November 26. "Let no one bring u down, Liz didnt, they always try to knock the greats down a few pegs."
Lohan took to her own Twitter page to thank GaGa for her supportive words, writing, "@ladygaga thank you so much! You are such an incredible force and that means the world to me :) love & hugs xo hope to see you soon bella."
Chronicling the enduring love of movie icons Elizabeth Taylor (Lohan) and Richard Burton (Grant Bowler), "Liz & Dick" received generally negative reviews from contemporary film critics. Some celebrities also weighed in on the biopic.
"Lindsay Lohan had a better British accent in the parent trap and that is not a joke," model Chrissy Teigen tweeted. Singer Josh Groban commented, "OMG during half time I switched to 5 minutes of #LizAndDick and it's so awkwardly made, I feel embarrassed in my no-no place."
The TV movie posted an average of 3.5 million viewers and 1.3 million adults in the 18-49 demographic when it premiered Sunday, November 25. Though it's the fourth biggest audience for a movie airing on the channel, the ratings were lower than expected given the amount of press coverage the film received.
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Hold Off Marriage: They're Just Happily Dating