Lady GaGa Praises Lindsay Lohan's 'Liz and Dick' Performance Amidst Negative Reviews
Lindsay Lohan has gotten support from Lady GaGa after "Liz & Dick" earned negative reviews. While many critics slammed the Elizabeth Taylor telepic, the outlandish singer praised the actress' performance in the TV movie.
"@lindsaylohan you did a beautiful job on Liz & Dick," so the "You and I" singer tweeted on Monday, November 26. "Let no one bring u down, Liz didnt, they always try to knock the greats down a few pegs."
Lohan took to her own Twitter page to thank GaGa for her supportive words, writing, "@ladygaga thank you so much! You are such an incredible force and that means the world to me :) love & hugs xo hope to see you soon bella."
Chronicling the enduring love of movie icons Elizabeth Taylor (Lohan) and Richard Burton (Grant Bowler), "Liz & Dick" received generally negative reviews from contemporary film critics. Some celebrities also weighed in on the biopic.
"Lindsay Lohan had a better British accent in the parent trap and that is not a joke," model Chrissy Teigen tweeted. Singer Josh Groban commented, "OMG during half time I switched to 5 minutes of #LizAndDick and it's so awkwardly made, I feel embarrassed in my no-no place."
The TV movie posted an average of 3.5 million viewers and 1.3 million adults in the 18-49 demographic when it premiered Sunday, November 25. Though it's the fourth biggest audience for a movie airing on the channel, the ratings were lower than expected given the amount of press coverage the film received.
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers
- 'Good Girls Revolt' Canned by Amazon After One Season Only
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip