Lady GaGa Praises Lindsay Lohan's 'Liz and Dick' Performance Amidst Negative Reviews
Lindsay Lohan has gotten support from Lady GaGa after "Liz & Dick" earned negative reviews. While many critics slammed the Elizabeth Taylor telepic, the outlandish singer praised the actress' performance in the TV movie.
"@lindsaylohan you did a beautiful job on Liz & Dick," so the "You and I" singer tweeted on Monday, November 26. "Let no one bring u down, Liz didnt, they always try to knock the greats down a few pegs."
Lohan took to her own Twitter page to thank GaGa for her supportive words, writing, "@ladygaga thank you so much! You are such an incredible force and that means the world to me :) love & hugs xo hope to see you soon bella."
Chronicling the enduring love of movie icons Elizabeth Taylor (Lohan) and Richard Burton (Grant Bowler), "Liz & Dick" received generally negative reviews from contemporary film critics. Some celebrities also weighed in on the biopic.
"Lindsay Lohan had a better British accent in the parent trap and that is not a joke," model Chrissy Teigen tweeted. Singer Josh Groban commented, "OMG during half time I switched to 5 minutes of #LizAndDick and it's so awkwardly made, I feel embarrassed in my no-no place."
The TV movie posted an average of 3.5 million viewers and 1.3 million adults in the 18-49 demographic when it premiered Sunday, November 25. Though it's the fourth biggest audience for a movie airing on the channel, the ratings were lower than expected given the amount of press coverage the film received.
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo