Dolly Parton Denies Lesbian Rumor and Romantic Relationship With Best Friend Judy Ogle
Dolly Parton denied that she is a lesbian when she was recently interviewed on "Nightline". Clarifying the rumor that she has a romantic relationship with best pal Judy Ogle, she explained, "Judy and I have been best friends since we were like in the third and fourth grade."
"We still just have a great friendship and relationship and I love her as much as I love anybody in the whole world, but we're not romantically involved," Dolly stated. She then compared her relationship with Judy to Oprah Winfrey's relationship with Gayle King, saying, "Like Gayle. Her friend, Judy, my friend, they just think that you can't be that close to somebody."
The singer, who first popularized "I Will Always Love You", has been rumored to be a lesbian for years. The rumor was sparked by one of her statements in 2007. Back then, she said, "When I have sex with my husband these days, I fantasize I am with someone like Keith Urban or a petite, hot young woman."
Despite the gay rumor, she has actually been married to Carl Dean for 46 years. She is also supportive toward gay community. In the interview with "Nightline", she revealed that Ku Klux Klan launched threats toward her after she showed her support to LGBT rights and decided to host "Gay Day" at Dollywood, her theme park in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.
The "Coat of Many Colors" singer said, "When it first started there were people giving us threats, I still get threats." She went on, "But like I said, I'm in business. I just don't feel like I have to explain myself. I love everybody."
- Fragile Yoko Ono Is Hoping to See John Lennon in Heaven
- Beyhive Is on the Hunt for Beyonce's Secret Snapchat Account
- Lionel Richie Puts 'All the Hits Tour' on Hold Due to Knee Surgery
- Did Justin Bieber Just Hint That He's Dating Someone on Twitter?
- Perrie Edwards Sparks Pregnancy Speculation With Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?