The Rolling Stones Skip 'Satisfaction' Due to Strict London Music Curfew
Fans, who went to see The Rolling Stones during their 50th anniversary kickoff concert at London's O2 Arena, did not quite get the full satisfaction they were hoping for. The band decided to drop their world-famous hit "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" in compliance with the city's strict live music curfew which starts at 11 P.M.
According to reports from The Telegraph, the Stones were scheduled to wrap up their set with the 1965 hit song but could not make it before the 11 P.M. deadline. Instead, the legendary blues band finished off their first anniversary concert with another classic "Jumpin' Jack Flash". The show was supposed to start at 8 P.M. but was delayed 30 minutes, resulting to the band dropping their "Satisfaction" encore.
The Stones were not the only artists hit by the live music curfew in London. Rocker Bruce Springsteen and music great Paul McCartney also had to pack-up early when their mics were cut-off while playing together in a recent show in the British capital.
Even if the first show of the 50 and Counting tour of the Stones did not quite end the way it was expected to, the band still presented a triumphant performance during the November 25 comeback concert. The band's next tour dates will be on November 29, again at the O2 Arena, on December 13 and 15 at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey, and at New York's Barclay's Center on December 8.
More The Rolling Stones News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart