The Rolling Stones Skip 'Satisfaction' Due to Strict London Music Curfew
Fans, who went to see The Rolling Stones during their 50th anniversary kickoff concert at London's O2 Arena, did not quite get the full satisfaction they were hoping for. The band decided to drop their world-famous hit "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" in compliance with the city's strict live music curfew which starts at 11 P.M.
According to reports from The Telegraph, the Stones were scheduled to wrap up their set with the 1965 hit song but could not make it before the 11 P.M. deadline. Instead, the legendary blues band finished off their first anniversary concert with another classic "Jumpin' Jack Flash". The show was supposed to start at 8 P.M. but was delayed 30 minutes, resulting to the band dropping their "Satisfaction" encore.
The Stones were not the only artists hit by the live music curfew in London. Rocker Bruce Springsteen and music great Paul McCartney also had to pack-up early when their mics were cut-off while playing together in a recent show in the British capital.
Even if the first show of the 50 and Counting tour of the Stones did not quite end the way it was expected to, the band still presented a triumphant performance during the November 25 comeback concert. The band's next tour dates will be on November 29, again at the O2 Arena, on December 13 and 15 at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey, and at New York's Barclay's Center on December 8.
More The Rolling Stones News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story